• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 4, 2019

    Need for Speed Hey, that hurt my feelings :(

    Need for Speed Hey, that hurt my feelings :(


    Hey, that hurt my feelings :(

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 10:58 AM PST

    This is the best way to explain Most Wanted

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:03 PM PST

    There’s a staircase that leads around, hugging the building’s wall, to a balcony. This balcony is always a guaranteed escape from the cops that I accidentally found early on.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:51 PM PST

    The Pandem front bumper is something else

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:50 AM PST

    We need the option to have Playlist music play during pursuits like in 2015

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:04 PM PST

    if you put your car in reverse then turn the engine off, your character gets anxiety

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 05:44 PM PST

    Ghost can we Please get night garages back? (Photo by Avalanche_450)

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:46 PM PST

    My experience with PvP when people actually join

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:53 PM PST

    Nezuko (Demon Slayer) Itasha Style Wrap

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 12:33 PM PST

    Then why is Papi's car here?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 11:22 PM PST

    Heat has no flaws

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:26 PM PST

    Red, Yellow, Green

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 09:54 PM PST

    Race Inspired. Street Built. Rocket Bunny x Pandem R35.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:57 PM PST

    This is my 2nd attempt at a NASCAR wrap. This time its on the Boss 302. I tried a more sharp design on the number.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:04 PM PST

    I really like Heat, but I have some problems with it

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 02:14 PM PST

    So I just finished the main story, and I absolutely did not expect it to end that abruptly. I didn't even feel like I was rushing to get to the end of the story, it literally just ends with little-to-no payoff. I'm left here with a ton of things to do but nothing to really "strive" for anymore since there's technically no real reason to get to level 50 rep other than achievements and my want to get said achievements.

    Okay, so for the story: What bothers me is that the pacing is just way off, really makes me feel they needed to gate the main story with the side missions for it to make sense, and even then I don't think it would've been enough. When I finished the story, I haven't even touched the off-roading missions because money always felt tight, but apparently Roshni plays an integral part in the takedown of Mercer but I didn't get that sense that she was totally down with it since I literally just raced her once. What's even worse is you don't even race her in your own car. I feel like that was a huge flaw since it indirectly tells you that you can skip the storyline since it makes you progress through it immediately without working for it. I feel like this could've been fixed if you were forced to build an off-road car since that would literally be the only way to progress through the storyline.

    Same goes for The League's storyline, quite literally non-existent and doesn't make any sense. You're teased into thinking that this is the endgame with all the hypercars and heavily modded out rides, but all you end up racing is a Viper, a Camaro, and a Pista. What's worse is that you race them a total of TWICE (the Pista you race ONCE), and weren't even required to beat them. There's also this foreshadowing wherein Manta says that they won't forget Ana's blunder with the warehouse race, but after like 2 more missions, these 2 show up once again to help Ana. Like, why? They weren't shared the details of what was inside the laptop, and they have no reason to believe Ana since one of them actually got arrested for the botched raid. I'll be honest, when Ana was plotting out the whole finale, telling you that she'd be calling racers and The League to lead cops to the docks, I was expecting the player to call her out that no one trusted her anymore. But nope, apparently all's well. What they could've done here was a redemption arc for Ana to get back on The League's good side, and hell maybe actually get to participate in actual League races? Imagine racing against The League with Ana in the RWB Porsche, that would've at least given that car some more screentime.

    The side missions of Wayne and Dex feel the same way in that there is just too little to get attached to. Why is there nothing beyond just Wayne and Dex? Like say an underground drifting league for Wayne since he transitions to nighttime or Dex introducing you to how the Showdown really works and how much harder it gets. Just something to make the journey a bit more appealing.

    As for the ending of the main story? It was really set-up to be such a great story, but ends absolutely nowhere. Shaw is a character you love to hate, but he's dealt with almost immediately. Not much resolution or even revenge there for how shitty he is to you. You foil him once and he immediately folds and disappears. Torres being the new head after Mercer gets axed by her would've been a GREAT transition to some killer cops and races, but it literally just ends there.

    Which leads me to how progression in this game seems really botched. In both NFS 15 and Payback, I found myself owning quite the number of cars, all to be used for the campaigns, and all maxed as well by the time I reached the finale. In Heat, by the time I finished the campaign, I owned a total of 4 cars, and getting one of them felt like a grind than just me progressing through the game naturally. I went from the 180SX, to an R32, to the Countach (I also got an RX-7 for the drift missions) and that was it. By the end of the story, my Countach is yet to comfortably reach 200MPH without a downhill section and nitrous, and some of the high-end performance parts are still locked. I haven't even done an engine swap yet! Why are there so much more things to do but no real reason to do them? Or rather, why is there so much things to do but it all happens after the game? I'm not even talking about speed traps and drift zones (since I did these by the endgame in Payback), but just features in general, seemingly left out of the main game only for those who stick it out past the story to experience. It just feels like a wasted opportunity to not incorporate "forged engine only" races or 300+ rating races. The fact that I can finish the game without even close to maxing my car is an odd design choice.

    Going back to claiming the Countach, this is where I felt like the game struggled to give me that sense of progression. With my R32 "maxed" at the time (227 rating, with the allotted parts due to Rep), I was relegated to only race in certain races to have a chance of winning the most cash. Doubly harder on Hard since the AI were already racing in cars that can top out at higher top speeds, so I figured I'd save up for a Countach. The problem here was that there were too few races open to me to actually take a crack at, that and doing the races only had one thing going for them: cash. It didn't feel like I was moving up a ladder or moving towards something within the game, it was just me earning cash. It makes me feel like they should've made these races mandatory to progress, like say win x amount of unique races to further the story, to at least incentivize me to try out the other races that doled out less cash, or just had the races give out more cash and had them locked out until the next chapter progression to tick down a list of races (like how Underground 2 or even Payback did it). Right now on my map, I have a dozen or more "New" races because their payouts were too shitty to even consider racing. This especially applies to the drift trials. They give out so little money, why even do them? This is even weirder because the gameplay loop for Rep is totally fine. Going out at night, racing for Rep and maxing out your heat gives you incentive to do more races even if the rewards are pretty low because heat gives out a multiplier making the rewards seem plentiful. Not to mention you get to unlock High Heat races and the chases are fun. It seems like the whole Day mode needed a lot more things to make it more appealing because with the state of it now, it feels like a grind earning money, and that was never an issue with past NFS's where I could comfortably build up 3-4 cars to their max ratings without having to rerun certain races.

    Idk, like I said, I really like this game but it really feels like there was a LOT to do in this game but they ran out of time to implement or integrate them into the game. Previous titles like HP 2010 or Shift didn't have a story but it actually felt like you were progressing through things because you saw your progress through both the cars you drove and the events you finished. That and there was little-to-no reason to replay races other than just bettering yourself on those events. Heat seems to be lacking in that aspect. All you get for finishing a race is a checkmark. It doesn't matter if you placed first or last, it counts it as done. That and the lack of Autolog (or whatever the hell it's called now) just makes the grind more tedious since there is nothing to "improve" upon. Oh and final rant: I hate how you see the same old racers EVERY race. If you're going to put me through a grind, at least let me race against other racers.

    TL;DR: Story was way too short to explore everything the game had to offer, it also had no payoff and just left you wanting more, Day portion needs fleshing out, sense of progression seems non-existent at times.

    submitted by /u/SkylineFaux
    [link] [comments]

    This needs to get fixed asap. I've had this bug 2 times now. The game runs on a ssd.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:56 AM PST

    I love my Countach

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:57 PM PST

    this car is stupidly underpowered compared to its brother, same engine & everything... :/

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 08:21 PM PST

    Y’all been sleeping on this beautiful car and it makes me sad.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 09:49 AM PST

    My itasha style Honda S2000.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:46 PM PST

    I've tested a lot of cars and here were some cars that come close to dethroning the RSR.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:23 PM PST

    Wow. Just... wow.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:11 PM PST

    How’s this for my first real build? Aston DB11, first wrap I took seriously.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 10:08 PM PST

    I've just bought the game and I'm loving it! But the soundtrack is just awful.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 08:50 AM PST

    There aren't many songs and they aren't good. What's your opinion about the soundtrack? Do you use any other playlist to play the game?

    submitted by /u/scottfree07
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment