• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    Need for Speed The photo mode alone made this game more than worth it for me. (HP'10R PC)

    Need for Speed The photo mode alone made this game more than worth it for me. (HP'10R PC)


    The photo mode alone made this game more than worth it for me. (HP'10R PC)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:15 AM PST

    Heres my McLaren P1 in Heat

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:32 PM PST

    Need for Speed Heat was released 1 year ago, today.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 03:34 AM PST

    LTO Inspired Livery

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 09:05 PM PST

    I know, I know it's not a rotary, but I'm proud of this design I made.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 01:58 PM PST

    This might be controversial, but I believe the move to Frostbite was one the worst decisions this generation of need for speed.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 06:02 PM PST

    After Undercover and World the engine Blackbox used (Speed) was abandoned.

    Slightly Mad used their own Madness engine to develop the Shift games, and Criterion used the new version of their burnout engine, Chameleon.

    In the case of Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted 2012 everyone can agree on how amazing the graphics were and still are years later.

    Now in 2011 when Blackbox developed their last NFS game The Run, they were tasked with modifying Frostbite 2 to be used for a racing game. In my own opinion The Run is a great game but the engine still had its flaws. With the way driving feels and audio quality.

    After MW2012 Criterion was presumably told by EA to utilize Frostbite 3 for Rivals. Here's where it gets ugly.

    Frostbite 3 is an engine for First Person Shooters at its forefront. It was first used with Battlefield 4 and it was made for it. During development EA decided to make Frostbite the main engine for all games under their publishing. This meant NFS rivals was to use it.

    Criterion/Ghost had less than a year to utilize an ever evolving first person shooter engine to develop their next game. Because of this we have the very buggy mess we know as Rivals.

    While the argument can be made that frostbite has better graphical capabilities like RTX, and the incredible visuals of 2015, the bugs and problems outweigh the good things.

    Every NFS game afterwards has used frostbite, the bugs are still present, and the graphics has somehow gotten worse over the last 2 games. It's like the clunkiness of the engine needs the visual fidelity to lower, to accommodate more game mechanics and to not cause instability.

    I believe that if Criterion continued to use Chameleon and not move to Frostbite, the bugs, graphics, and possibly everything else, would've been much better over this generation.

    I hope after NFS 2021 they go back, or somehow Frostbite 4 is better at having a racing structure.

    submitted by /u/KD73-YT
    [link] [comments]

    Discreet Black Aston Martin

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:56 PM PST

    I think honeslty one thing that'll stick with me for NFS Heat is the art style they went with

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 09:53 PM PST

    Like, just going into the menu and just hearing that music playing, followed by a dark but vivid neon background of your car and player. Going into the world and just seeing the neon lights sequence with the music makes me go back into the game time to time, I love seeing that showroom piece and I am honeslty honeslty learning how to use unreal engine 4 for scenery just to recreate that light show scene. Seeing the intros style for day and night, and how it transitions. The murals and wildstyke art pieces around the city I love to look at. It's eye catching is the best I can say is how the game feels to me. And it goes into how the other racers cars are styled in races, alongside the body kits and questionable liveries people make in the game., even the music, all be it a bit weird at times but just a few certain songs give me a small adrenaline rush in the race. I love it and I wish the game didn't fall quickly into abandonware. Seeing the United core mod and trying it out did give me hope, and I hope atleast it'll have a revival like NFS world did.

    submitted by /u/Gr0wlerz
    [link] [comments]

    BEST SOUNDING CAR IN THE GAME HANDS DOWN!! ������ [NFS HEAT]

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 01:06 PM PST

    I spent a good amount of time last week revisiting Underground 2: my thoughts below.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 01:00 PM PST

    I played the PC version with no mods beside the widescreen mod and a few more essentials. I did not use any gameplay-changing mods not that I'm even sure they exist for this game.

    My feelings on the end? It's good, but wow, way more flawed than I thought. In short: I think Midnight Club 3 is a better game in most respects. Stop reading if that offends you. Now, more thoughts:

    -The structure of this game is so simple compared to modern racing games. That's not a criticism, in fact it's a compliment. U2 has no fancy setpiece missions or a story really or anything but racing. The entire game is literally just "here's some races? Did those? HERE'S MORE, BITCH HOPE YOU LIKE RACING". U2 is designed under the assumption you like racing enough that you play the game for no reason other than that. It's not like modern racing games that are scared that racing alone will not appeal to their players. Underground 2 is pure, and that's commendable.

    -The carlist is good, but a little disappointing. It's basically just "tuner cars that anyone would recognize at the time". No deep cuts like the R23 or R33, Silvia, Hakosuka Skyline, Chaser, or even stuff like the MR2 or NSX, weirdly enough. When Midnight Club 3 has basically every single endgame tuner car in U2 in its carlist and muscle cars and luxury sedans and more than 3 SUV's/Trucks and sportbikes and choppers and exotics...

    -The soundtrack is pretty good, but I spent most of my time with the game volume one step above mute while watching competitive Melee streams on a second monitor so didn't hear it much lol

    -The customization is really impressive for the time. Seriously, Heat--another game I own--falls short in some respects. There ARE so many options...

    ...so it's an absolute shame that they are all tacky as shit. My god. Roof scoops, underglow neon, spinners, christ almighty if you don't use that mod that cuts out the visual rating system--I did--the end result is your car being most unbelievably tacky /r/shittycarmods disaster possible. I ignored all that shit and just used a mod that unlocks everything when you hit F5 to give all my cars wide body kits because that's the one tacky car mod I love and I ain't doing those outrun races lmao

    Alright, now for some more negative criticism, unfortunately:

    -The open world is pointless but also juuuust big enough that going across the entire thing to get to the one final race you have to do is just tiring as hell. In addition, it's sometimes laid out a bit weirdly due to it being designed like a bunch of racetracks with hours and skyscrapers--seriously, wow, these roads make NO sense for an actual city lol--so getting to where you have to go (especially in the Beacon Hill section) is a weirdly huge hassle. And splitting all the various customization options into like five different shops is just not fun, guys. MC3 lets you do everything from the garage.

    -Only five cars. Really? Also this might be the only game of its kind where you can't buy cars, you instead of have that system where each sponsor gives you a car and you can trade-in any car for a stock car for zero cost.

    -The game is just too easy. Like, really. The reputation system means that you want to put it to easy to get 300 points each race, but even if you ignore that, the AI is just too easy. This is the part where I compare it more to Midnight Club. Driving in U2 is just too easy. The cars have shitloads of grip and while they are wonderful to drive, it is WAY harder to drive well in MC3 because the cars there are hyper twitchy and fast as hell. Combine this with U2 having magic walls so you can't go the wrong way and there being less traffic in an entire 6 minute race than 2 street blocks in a single MC3 race and the result is that I was about to fall asleep by the end of U2, whereas MC3 frequently has me winning races by the absolute skin of my teeth with so much focus and concentration I have to take a breather at the end. Raycevick said it best in his video on Most Wanted: Black Box's games were lovely to control, but Midnight Club was pure utter vehicular chaos.. Funnily enough from my little experience in Heat, the AI in that game actually are somewhat of a challenge, so it wins there. This is just circuit and sprint. Other modes don't fare much better. The drift races are an absolute joke, StreetX has me sometimes lapping the backmarkers because the AI has no idea how to drive them, and drag races have the opposite issue where they sometimes are bizarrely hard for no reason (but still not that hard)

    Speaking of this leads me to...

    -...the length of the races. They are just too goddamn long. By the end of the career every single circuit race is a gargantuan 6-minute race where you get ahead in the first ten seconds and then just drive with zero things challenging you and then rinse and repeat. And URL races...ugh. They take forever for barely any more money than regular races and the airport tracks are just not fun. At least the street races have traffic.

    I was going to start Most Wanted after beating U2, but now? I don't know. I don't want to have to spend five hours in pathetically easy races in miserably slow cars just to get cars fast enough to feel fun and then spend 5 minutes each race being two seconds ahead. I don't know if cops are worth the time investment. I played Underground 2 and Most Wanted till my hands practically bled as a kid, but going back has been rough, especially when Rockstar's rival effort is quite possibly the best arcade racing game of all time.

    Underground 2 is still a really damn good game, but man, powering through it in five-hour sessions every day may not have been a good idea.

    submitted by /u/Frostav
    [link] [comments]

    What just happend?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:56 AM PST

    No weapons to escape the EMP? Good. I have an idea. (Also, I didn't look back when he crashed so I can focus on not getting wrecked.)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:46 AM PST

    HP 2020 Online is kinda dead..

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 04:22 PM PST

    Is it just me? I'm having a hard time getting into interceptor and arms race because people just aren't playing them, and I'm only trying on Sport and Super!

    submitted by /u/1LE_McQueen
    [link] [comments]

    I Think This Trophy is Glitched.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 11:46 PM PST

    [BUG] Trophy Glitch. Can't do anything to get that trophy :(

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 11:45 PM PST

    Gave this PC hacker a good fight

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:54 PM PST

    Did a Gameplay trailer edit of Hot Pursuit Remastered (For my Channel series)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:29 PM PST

    We're in 2020 and NFS HPR still has traffic ghosting in and out.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:35 PM PST

    I'm sorry but how the fuck has this not been resolved??? How in gods name has this issue not been taken care of? I swear to god like nearly half of my online experiences on this remaster have been plagued with rogue traffic spawning right in my fucking mouth. At what point can we expect this to end?? 10 years removed and they still haven't addressed it. If EA can't find a way to sync the 10 miserable traffic cars scattered throughout the track, then just turn the traffic off for online racing!

    submitted by /u/Davie_Doobie
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer freerome in nfs hot pursuit remastered

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Is there an option do just do freerome multiplayer in nfs hot pursuit

    submitted by /u/The_YoYo_Master
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think cop disabling jumps were intentional "pursuit breakers" or just an outcome of broken physics?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 04:31 PM PST

    I mean they start flipping mid air so it doesnt look ant feel very natural/intentional. What do yall think?

    *Forgot to add that I'm talking about Heat

    submitted by /u/idevncr
    [link] [comments]

    Random thanks to the mods for updating the definition of the sub

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:37 PM PST

    And the images but eh I gotta get used to those

    submitted by /u/HOS2002
    [link] [comments]

    Rivals getting hate

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:08 AM PST

    I liked the game very much, especially coz of the hard cops but idk why ppl keep hating it. It was much better than payback and 2015, and surely was more engaging than heat (except for customisation ofc) and i never had any glitches and i only played singleplayer. Why was it bad for you guys? It wasn't an improvement from hot pursuit, but i viewed it like a sibling to hot pursuit.

    submitted by /u/Life_Description271
    [link] [comments]

    NFS:Heat, Heat 5 Races

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:13 PM PST

    So I just started playing Heat again, and I'm trying to get my BM parts for the Aston Martin DB11, and one mission involves placing top 3 in a heat 5 race. I've done plenty of 3's yet I never see a heat 5 race on my map... do I have to be at a certain place within the campaign to unlock them, or am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/XiAssassuNiX
    [link] [comments]

    What's the customization in NFS Heat like?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 03:00 PM PST

    I've wanted to buy NFS Heat since it came out but didn't have much money to spare until now. However, Payback just became free for a month on PS4. I played it and it's a really enjoyable game. I find that the customization is lacking though. It's way better than not having any, like the few previous games, excluding the 2015 NFS. I find the visual customization to be a bit lacking because a lot of the time, you're not picking from a bunch of options, rather, you're picking the option that looks slightly cooler than stock. I'm comparing it to older NFS games like Underground 2 or Carbon that gave you many options and they all looked slightly different. They were pretty 2000s and kooky, but it still felt like way more freedom. The Crew/The Crew 2 also comes to mind. Same thing. Not that many options, you're just picking from the one or two options that look slightly different and maybe cooler than stock.

    submitted by /u/Andefir
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment