• Breaking News

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Need for Speed Need For Speed Most Wanted '05 Cover remake

    Need for Speed Need For Speed Most Wanted '05 Cover remake


    Need For Speed Most Wanted '05 Cover remake

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:02 PM PST

    Why the hell can I not leave the garage I just entered? Why must it always send me back to the main garage by the oval track?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:18 PM PST

    Seriously, why is this so difficult? If I go into one garage, I shouldn't need to fast travel back to that same location just to do an event right next to it. In Forza, you can go in any "house" and leave said house. Why is it different in NFS?

    submitted by /u/triplec787
    [link] [comments]

    Need for Speed should return to map-based progression.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:17 PM PST

    Remember starting in Rosewood and only having access to heat levels 1 and 2? The barriers and the skyscrapers in the distance teasing us at what lay ahead, giving us a physical, tangible reason to progress in addition to learning more about the story and characters? As we beat Blacklist members and leveled up, not only did we unlock new cars and parts, but our literal world expanded as well, and bringing with it new heat levels to take on in those brand new areas.

    In Carbon, we took back the city. One by one we watched the districts turn to our crew's color as we racked up wins. Enemy crews challenged us in free roam, and our districts came under attack. While the dynamic was different from MW, the point remains the same - when the world we drive in is connected to our progression, the entire experience is significantly more rewarding and meaningful. We can literally see our progression as we drive around, and moving through the story feels like it has a purpose.

    When Ghost hyped up Palm City and how much they wanted the world to be a part of our experience, I had high hopes. But while it is well-designed and nice to look at, I think they failed in this department. They stuffed the world with hundreds of mindless collectibles to give it an artificial sense of purpose, but in the end, it was just there. Story missions had us drive from A to B. Everything was there from the get-go, nothing to work towards, no territory to conquer, no rivals to face in a meaningful way. Not even roaming racers existed to make it feel lived in. It was just us and the cops, and all 5 heat levels right from the very beginning, which many feel is an artificial difficulty barrier to extend playtime anyway.

    The next Need for Speed, in one way or another, should have some sort of progression tied to the city. Maybe we can only reach a certain heat level in the starting area, and another area is blocked off by police roadblocks because street racing has led to the implementation of martial law. If we bust the roadblock and enter, we instantly get a max heat level in our under-powered cars. This is similar to how GTA dealt with their "locked" islands in GTA IV - you could visit them early, but you wouldn't get to truly enjoy the new areas, or do missions in them, until you earned them. Or maybe let us build a crew and conquer territory, but flesh it out more than Carbon. That game has such a great idea that was poorly realized, and I think revisiting it with today's technology (and 2-year development window) could be a hit. They could even just take the easy road and add straight up barriers like MW. Anything to give the story a sense of physical purpose is welcome.

    What do you guys think? Would you rather the map simply exist, or do you agree that map-based progression adds a level of depth that has been missing from the recent titles? Should they ditch the open world and return to a track selection menu? Would love to hear your thoughts!

    submitted by /u/JWillMac51
    [link] [comments]

    NFS Most Wanted's Blacklist no.15 "Sonny"'s Volkswagen Golf recreated In NFS Heat

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:34 PM PST

    Max Myrus comments on Ghost restructuring and the future (NFS Discord)

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:47 AM PST

    In the film Need for Speed, Aaron Paul's "No Half Measures" Breaking Bad Tattoo Is Visible

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:29 PM PST

    Is it just me or is the Polestar 1 as the “Hero Car” not that inspired?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 05:14 PM PST

    The wrap the car has just seems so bland, like they didn't know what to do with it. The car has a custom made body kit for this game which is neat, but it doesn't have the sound you'd want it to have and you can't even earn it for completing the game because they decided that the better option is the GTR, which is a far more iconic car with a more memorable design and a sick engine roar. The Polestar sounds more like a Mitsubishi engine with an electric whine. Overall I feel there were better options for cars.

    submitted by /u/TheEngineerGGG
    [link] [comments]

    nfs heat can't start in eyefinity setup

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:57 PM PST

    i tried to launch nfs heat in triple and dual monitor mode and i just shows a black screen for a few seconds then crashes. i then disable eyefinity and the game launches just fine.does anyone know any workarounds or fixes?

    specs:

    rx 570

    ryzen 3 2200g

    submitted by /u/you23144
    [link] [comments]

    Cars and money gone

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:53 PM PST

    I logged in after a month or so of not playing and was reduced to 73k and no cars. Then i get back on today just to see 0 dollars and still rep lvl 50... i need help

    submitted by /u/Civil_Alpaca
    [link] [comments]

    New to NFS, what games should I play

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:44 AM PST

    More specifically, I want games that are actually good to play, because after I play the games you guys recommend me (please no more then 4-5 if you can) I won't play any more need for speed games. If you can tell me what platform the game is superior on, I'd like PC but if it's on console fine

    submitted by /u/SuperRentendo
    [link] [comments]

    How much total rep to get your crew to level 50?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 03:55 PM PST

    Does anyone know this? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I'm curious how much rep it'll take to get a new crew from 1-50 since the crew I'm in is just me and my two roommates.

    submitted by /u/CGarty
    [link] [comments]

    Idea about nfs studio

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:27 AM PST

    I think that ghost should turn nfs studio into nfs manager or something. They should stop abandoning their shit

    submitted by /u/Pedka1
    [link] [comments]

    I need help drifting

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 02:22 PM PST

    I know the basics: initiate the drift, counter steer and feather the throttle but sometimes the car will regain grip halfway through and plow through some barriers or fences.. for anyone asking I have a level 236 180sx with full super showcase running gear except for pro drift tires because I can't stand the showcase tires.

    submitted by /u/IsaacOch
    [link] [comments]

    Kick out inactive members in starter crew?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 02:20 PM PST

    My ps4 starter crew of 31 members, now level 48, has about 10 inactive members who never logged in again after the day the starter crew was automatically created. There are others who stopped logging in after 2 days. Since we're getting near level 50, I don't feel it's quite right for them to just unlock the achievement without contributing to it. There's like 4 guys (including me, the leader) who bring big reps & about 12 active members.

    Do I kick them out or not?

    submitted by /u/FullmetalJun
    [link] [comments]

    A little detail to add for the new update

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 02:12 PM PST

    As right now on NFS there's no option to do drift events with you're friends, they really need to add it just like in NFS 2015, right now the game has been pretty boring since the only events you are allowed to play with people is on the street race and off road race, at this point it can be called useless to add drift events if you can't even play with you're friends.

    submitted by /u/Clyyze
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts on Wheel Support for Heat

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:19 AM PST

    Here is some feedback on wheel gameplay. I have been playing with a Logitech g29 the last few days and absolutely love it. There are some good things I want to point out, and a few bad things I wish to see fixed.

    The Good:

    • The overall feel of the racing wheel is great and enjoyable. The steering is very precise, I can weave through traffic with ease. Also I feel like I have more control over the car, I can really whip some cars with the wheel in ways that I can't with a controller. I find myself driving more like in real life - braking early and paying attention to racing lines. Drifting is an absolute blast
    • It makes a lot of low-tier cars super fun to drive. When I race now, I dont focus on beating my times anymore, but rather focus on the experience of driving the car. For me, this has given the game so much life because now I want to play with every car and not just the good ones. I have fallen in love with the Acura RSX, its an absolute beast with a wheel. Driving 6-speed cars with the H-shifter is crazy fun too.
    • Force feedback feels good. I follow these settings: https://www.reddit.com/r/needforspeed/comments/ev4sor/steering_wheel_settings_for_logitech_g29/ but I have the max rotation set at 270, and the spring force set to 20%. The team did a great job, the difference in tarmac and dirt is well-done, the collision impacts make me want to avoid hitting curbs and street lights. But on that note...

    The Bad:

    • The force feedback sometimes cuts off. It happens a little bit too often, and I havent quite figured out what triggers it. And in order to get the feedback to turn on again, I have to drive over some grass or brake hard and sort of kick it back on. My friend also experiences this with his Thrustmaster set up so it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue.
    • the lack of live tuning. I totally understand why live tuning does not work with a wheel - don't have a right analog stick to control the menu. It would be nice to experiment with the live tuning while using a wheel (especially the brake-to-drift and TC), but I dont know how it would be accomplished with the given hardware limitations.

    and thats honestly all of the negatives that I have experienced.

    I want to thank all of the devs who worked on this update. I know wheel support doesn't get much love on this subreddit, but personally, I am enjoying the fuck out of it. Shoutout to u/Djbm for the wheel settings, those settings really make the game feel great.

    submitted by /u/sushisection
    [link] [comments]

    BlackPanthaa clears some things up about his first video

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:19 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment