• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 19, 2020

    Need for Speed YES! I finally beat my favorite childhood game!

    Need for Speed YES! I finally beat my favorite childhood game!


    YES! I finally beat my favorite childhood game!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Well I'm gonna say the s-word

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    The AI's BMW has a very inspired livery...

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    NFS: Carbon has just received a "Randomizer" mod. What's that, how was it created, and why is it a huge deal? I'll explain.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    hey /r/needforspeed!

    there's probably a lot of people wondering why I'm talking about NFS: Carbon here. yep, Blackbox era was cool and all, but why NFSC, and why make a post about a mod?

    fear not, I'm here to explain.

    in case you're not familiar with NFS: Carbon (say, you liked MW05 more, or just didn't grow up with the blackbox game), it's career system is quite brilliant. here's how it divides:

    • the city itself is divided into 4 boss areas.
    • every boss area is divided up into 5 (first 3 bosses) / 7 (final boss) territories
    • every territory has 3 (most territories) / 2 (one territory per boss area) races in each.

    here's an image of how it all comes together.

    now where it gets extremely interesting is that every race AND every territory gives you something specific to unlock. it's not an XP-based system or an RNG-based "speedcard drop" system. most importantly from a gameplay perspective, unlocks stay consistent between playthroughs (although they change based on what starter car you pick), so obviously there's people speedrunning the game. you might notice my username here overlaps with that leaderboard.

    in fact, speedrunning is the source of most activity around older NFS titles. however, there's something else that recently took off that combines speedrunning & the "new player experience": Randomizers.

    "Randomizer" stands for "Random" + "izer". it is an umbrella term for game modifications that take key items/unlocks/skills/etc. and shuffle them across any given game, with the intention that players have to figure out their own "route" throughout the game. and randomizers tend to be very popular, due to them being both new grounds for both
    a) casual players - playing through the game again, but different
    b) competitive players - speedrunning a randomizer involves making extremely fast routing decision AND having good gameplay skills.

    in fact, randomizers are so popular that the discord server for the "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" randomizer has 37.000 members, just to give you an idea of scale here. in general, there's a rule of thumb: more people are playing randomized game versions than actually speedrunning the base game...by multiple orders of magnitude.

    now, no one's ever really gave much thought to a racing game randomizer. how could you randomize a racing game? you could change the physics every couple seconds, and that's been done, but there's no "new route experience". but then, march 9.

    on march 9, I realized that by swapping both the unlocks and the tracks around, independently, NFSC would receive exactly that "new route experience". but I'm not a modder, so I asked NFSC modder RaTT107 if this would be theoretically doable. I realized that it might be too much effort, so I said it's no problem, since I was just asking in a theoretical sense.

    not in RaTT107's mind. 4 hours later, he had a working prototype. this prototype has since then been expanded to feature tier-based logic (e.g. tier 1 boss areas can only have tier 1 unlocks, but still randomized), crew randomization, challenge series randomization, and many other things.

    I can't overstate how huge of a deal this is. NFS: Carbon is the first ever racing game to receive such a randomizer. while it's currently a bit tricky to install (requires generating a "modscript" from RaTT's executable and then install said modscript via VltEd), we're on a path to creating something completely new and great here. you can now boot up NFS:C and be treated to a completely new career experience, while playing the same game you're already familiar with.

    most importantly, this is great for so called "speedrun races". in general, randomizers (for other games too) support something called a "seed", some value you can plug in to generate the "same randomized world" as someone else. this works well together with races - multiple players attempt to figure out the randomized route, as fast as possible, relatively on their own. the community is actually currently gathering interest for a potential randomizer tournament, where players would be racing off on the same seed like described above and the player with the fastest time advances.

    in case I've got your attention, here's all the links you need to know:

    - the randomizer mod itself can be found here: https://nfsmods.xyz/mod/1568
    - for discussion & support, RaTT107 has made a discord server, which can be found on the mod's page. (I cannot link directly due to sub rules.)
    - if you're interested in above said randomizer tournament, the "interest form" for that is here: https://forms.gle/Bxf6dR81A92qeqUe9

    again, I can't overstate how excited I and the rest of the NFSC community are for this. if you've got any questions, I'll be available in the comments here and on the discord server.

    TL;DR: read bolded parts.

    submitted by /u/fGeorjje
    [link] [comments]

    Here's my wrap for my S15 drift build

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    We need more convertibles in this game

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    NFS Heat Modded Cars?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how BlackPanthaa and GZILLA modded NFS Heat?

    Video Showing Modded Car With 2200hp:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcUxakX8rS0

    I tried to customize horsepower with cheat engine and has some success with getting it to display the correct horsepower, but when you actually use the car it doesn't actually reflect the changes.

    From what BlackPanthaa has stated I figure that he is editing nfs gamesaves or gamefiles. You can see he has to re-aply his modded ultimate+ parts. I tried to use a hex editor to look through gamefiles and the game save but it is all nonsense except the first few characters which say NFSS.

    If anyone could help that would be great!

    submitted by /u/TristonStuart
    [link] [comments]

    Speedhunters Racing Livery for the McLaren F1 (More pics in comments)

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    We need cockpit POV

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Idk what you're guys' thoughts are but I believe that need for speed need to make a Cockpit POV in an update. I feel like that's what's missing in the game and this view would be a view people with steering wheels might enjoy. What's your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/NextTiger
    [link] [comments]

    NFS: HEAT HIGH HEAT RACE QUESTION JUST FINISHED THEM ����������������

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    So I just recently finished all the high heat races, and I was wondering what car(s) I might be able to get 10 on all 4 of the performance bars with (Power, High Speed, Acceleration, and Nitrous)... Im on Xbox one if that means anything. Thank you to anyone who can help 💪🏼

    submitted by /u/yabrew
    [link] [comments]

    A great story

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    Hi I am a fan of NFS since HP2 on PS2. I have an idea for a new game. If any devs for Criterion want to use it be my guest.

    It's 2021, Razor aka Clarance Callahan, breaks out of prison with the help of a gang. The Most Wanted is asked by federal agents to hunt him down. As said before...you need wolves to hunt wolves. In turn for going after Razor and his Crew, the player, will be pardon for his crimes and taken off the National Most Wanted List. Imagine the map will be big, with traffic, roaming police, races. Now the player will not be driving his BMW M3 GTR, as per NFS Heat if you wish to follow. However, the feds want to keep this between themselves, so the player is still a wanted man, even when going after razor. I think you could make a good story based off this. To add some spice to it, make a good 2-4 minute chase at the end between the player and razor racing in a tunnel that gets darker and darker, soon becoming pitch black just using your lights as guidance as you drive up to the end of the tunnel....(the road wasn't finished) so you flying into this light. This is where the devs can insert some crazy flashback of the players whole life before you land and side swipe razors car. I have more ideas if interested.

    submitted by /u/SuckToesNEatAss
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody got their own setup?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    Does anybody here know what a good cop smasher is on NFS Heat? I'm having a slow time gaining REP, let alone Bank

    submitted by /u/Zukman1
    [link] [comments]

    New Xbox One Glitch?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    I just completed the second or third Dex mission and after I finished it I went onto my map and there are no races. Absolutely not one is showing up even when I switch to night. The only thing's showing up are my safe house locations, all the gas stations and collectibles, the next Rashni mission, and the next drifting story mission. Has anybody else had this problem?

    submitted by /u/Jacob_Grande
    [link] [comments]

    Little Easter Egg

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    What NFS game this generation is most similar to NFS Underground 1+2 (XB, GC, PS2) and NFS Most Wanted (360)?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    I remember when I was a kid those were my favorite racing games and the only NFS games Ive played. I especially liked customizing my car, evading police, and the open world in Most Wanted. Is there any game in this generation that hits all those points? I would also just be happy with customization and one of the other points. Customization feels like a must. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MangledMailMan
    [link] [comments]

    Uh I think my game might be slightly confused.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    What is exactly the Arkwright Project in Payback?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    Fastest Time on The RaceTrack (NFS HEAT)

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    My fastest was a 1.29.9. That has put me around 6-7 seconds ahead of the next fastest guy in my crew. What was the fastest time you guys have got?

    Used an RSR

    submitted by /u/josher997
    [link] [comments]

    Cant install NFS Underground on PC

    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    been trying to install NFSU on PC for a while but i always get stuck at 54% on the second disc and its unable to install a file called "STRM_Music_UG0_MB.ast"

    dk what to do. any help here?

    submitted by /u/TORSOFUUF
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment