• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 14, 2020

    Need for Speed Took my first proper photo in Heat, I don't know if it's any good but I'm proud of it at least.

    Need for Speed Took my first proper photo in Heat, I don't know if it's any good but I'm proud of it at least.


    Took my first proper photo in Heat, I don't know if it's any good but I'm proud of it at least.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    Render for NFS Underground

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    1 car 3 personalities - Volvo Amazon [Show | Rally | Drag]

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Here's a photo i shot of my BMW M2. I used a camera tool BTW, cause the photo mode camera can't reach the ground much as the camera tool

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    It's just a concept

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    I’m gonna keep the Supra content coming boys we need it in these tough times ����

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    To Criterion: NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 had customizable controls on the consoles. Down with the terrible controller presets and give us the luxury of personalization!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    Tried my best to recreate one of my most favorite Datsun's ever built. NFS Heat

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    Surprised I haven't this on the sub-reddit yet... Looks promising...

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    A 180 and a canyon

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    How close I was to losing to Kenji (sorry for bad quality)

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Havent posted here yet but here’s a photo i taken a while back when the 2 cars were just released

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    Petter Solberg's Impreza WRX STI rally car

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    The best place for photo mode.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    Oh no, I will crash.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Looking for a crew PS4

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Looking for a active and laid back crew to ride with, would be really appreciated as I can't seem to find a active crew. PSN: daylonbjones

    submitted by /u/Daylonj
    [link] [comments]

    I’m going to give my opinion on Crews (be it single player or online) in the Need for Speed Series and how they could be implemented in the future.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    So, I'll start by just saying this. The crews if you don't like them. That's kinda unfortunate because I believe that they won't be going anywhere (I think). I don't believe they should be removed or even over looked when creating an underground street racing style story. If they were the main focus though. I don't know depending on how good the story truly is (the bar isn't very high btw) and how much is shown on the crews. I think it could really work.

    Before I cover how Need for Speed has handled crews in the past. I want to cover some more points on what could be covered to make crews interesting to the player but also doesn't bog down the story. By the way don't be afraid to make suggestions because inorder make a story involving crew truly great. I think it's important to view multiple perspectives on such a story. Wether you think it's cool, or boring. Maybe you don't have a problem with the over all concept or idea but you just don't quite like a specific part. Just go wild, any enough stalling. I wanna share my first idea

    For a start how crews are betrayed like I sort of eluded to is important. There are few ways you can do this. For example make competition between all the crews (not just us again them but them against each other. That way we get a sense that there are more layers beyond us just beating crews because the story demands so) the main focus to the story while also making subtle mentions of how the police are planning to combat the seemingly sudden influx of street racers in there city who have decided to join together to forming crew. In this scenario it would be best to make the police how they should be. They should do there job and not be using their position to get ahead. Alright, while I do somewhat enjoy stories like that. I don't think it's worth trying to explore yet another plot on how the police in X city are corrupt and need to be cleansed. Just to fill the story and the player feel like a power hero, ok. We're street racers in this world of Need for Speed. We shouldn't have a righteous justification for why we are doing what we're doing. In fact I think we should feel that we are the dick head potentially putting everyone else at risk in order to for fill that need.

    I went on a bit of a tangent there but this is just a piece of what I want from a future NFS. Let's see a second way could structure a crew based story is that rather then have multiple crew spread throughout the city. Only two crews constantly fighting one another to destroy each other. On crew would be the crew you yourself belong two and the other belonging to the antagonist or possibly secondary antagonist depending on how you wanna spin the story. I'll actually cover two ways on how a story like this could be spun. Either A: these two crews could just have a simple long root hatred for each other which spans back for at most four generations. Of course both crews are just looking for a way to end there war against one another. However the cops are in the middle of all of this just trying to protect the cities citizens from being caught in the cross fire while also breaking up any street racers they can in hopes of making the city a bit better little by little.

    Then there's B: In this scenario rather then the two crews having a history spanning back several generations. We have say two crews who don't necessarily have a hatred toward one another but do have quite a heated rivalry. All that would need happen is for one of these two crews to suffer a major loss from the other. Like someone's life or maybe a group of cars go missing. It all kinda depends on how you wanna spin it. For now though let's continue. This tragedy happens and because there didn't seem be another group around to cause it. The two crews then break out into a war one like I said suffered a tragedy and the other currently suffering do to being falsely accused. In end though it would be revealed that a corrupt faction of police had pulled some strings for a third crew to appear that night and cause that tragedy. This group police had hoped that this tragedy would get the two existing crews to destroy one another in the hopes that the streets would be safer, but they didn't expect the group they hired be as ruthless as they were. Which yes this war did occur but one of the two crews assisted by the player is able to obtain some valuable information that leads them to this conclusion. In the end even though the case would be solved I think that the end should be left bitter sweet like maybe the crews don't entirely find closure in this and can't quite make amends. Leaving it open for further expansion or a sequel.

    I know I said I don't really wanna see corrupt cops in the near future but if they can be written in a way that isn't that's like "racers good", "cops bad". I might be fine with it. That aside I know I made it out to be that I had more ideas then this but I can't think of anything to that scale currently but I do still wanna cover some smaller ideas I had two. Like for example even though crews I'm thinking would be a main focus. I don't think it's fair to neglect the loners either. So perhaps in these stories. It could be stated that there is a sub section of street racers. Who have chosen to climb the street racing ladder them selves. Showing a different dynamic of racing like say duals or race wars where it's a free for all and you have no assistance at all from crew members.

    Oh, I should mention in Need for Speed crews as far as gameplay is concerned has handled it one of two ways. One way is in single player in the carbon games where you the player have to assemble a group of crew members in order to progress. However in the carbon games crews have different abilities that set them apart from one another. You have scouts who find short cuts for you. I got to say this though I don't think that would work in a modern need for speed but considering there purpose I don't people would miss them if say crew abilities returned in need for speed. Next are Blockers who use tactics to spin out a drive often just resorting to running into your opponent. Drafters are next and are pretty self explanatory they blast past you and position there car in front of you so you can draft them and get a boost of speed. The last one isn't well known but they're Assassins. Rather then using there own cars as a weapon they use spike strips which while bull shit a small part of me gets excited about that. Who knows maybe it would give more insensitive to invest in the tire reinflate auxiliary so you don't lose time in a race waiting to lose or for your tires to reinflate. As far as these skills are concerned I would mind seeing Blocking, Drafting, or Assassinating return. But if they do return I think you as crew leader should able to use one of these abilities too. I should also mention that crew members in carbon also had skills and bonuses that you can take advantage of as well. Skills as fair as far as I'm aware skills determine the bonuses your crew members have when active for example the fabrication skill which allowed you to auto sculpt custom parts. The Mechanic of your crew would offer you discounts on parter. Fixers though I don't know they seem kind of random. Skills to me aren't as important as the crew abilities but it is still a cool touch for the in game characters. Bonuses are as said are bonuses offered by your crew members when making a decision on who you have active in your crew. While not as important in my opinion there is a strategy to it and adds an interesting level of depth when decided on what is best for your crew during the story. However it is not the end all point is like I said a bonus and you still could just as easily get through the game with thinking about these things which while potentially disappointing. I prefer it over making these things something you must think about in order to progress. Now wether this should stay single player or not is up to you guys.

    What about the other need for speed games? How do they handle crew based systems? Well pretty all of them don't except 2015, "Payback", and Heat. 2015s idea of a crew system is just simply a way to gain rep and is this game's version of the party system in heat. There is a crew story line in 2015 but it doesn't act on anything beyond the rep bonus you get riding around with ai, or real drivers. Payback is very weird it goes back from calling the crew (in terms of online) to party again, and in single player your "crew" is just what determines who drives what type of car. Tyler drives the race, and drag car's. Mac drives the drift, off road, and speed cross car's. Then Jess drives runner cars. This all it does nothing more nothing less. Online the character will randomize rather then switch between them so basically there isn't really a crew of any sort be it story or otherwise online. Heat is next and is best way they have handled crews. At least since carbon. Anyways in Heat you start in a default crew but when playing you can choose to leave that crew at any time or even create your own crew. The limit goes from carbon's limit of 3 to 32 while much better. The limit was largely increased because rather then building a crew of story characters. You are building a crew with real people, or your a loner by yourself in your own crew you made. One of the two. What I really like about the crew system in heat is the bonuses you get being money, rep, and Heat multipliers. Also when you are a part of a crew you are able to toggle your crew in the garage so it not only makes the garage a little more lively. You can also view there current build which is something I really enjoy. If you couldn't tell already I really like how heat handles the crew system and this is how I'd like it be in future games. Who's say though, that more can't be added. I mean if you know how to properly develop and balance the game around these crew systems. You could potentially take elements from carbon and add them on top of what we currently have, potentially making an engaging, and enjoyable experience for a majority of people.

    I won't lie I have thought about more ideas on these ideas and concepts not just in me writing this but in my down time as well. However I personally don't want to continue to go on and on about how I want a crew system to be because I already know what I think I want from it. I'm putting aside though because I'm excited to see what ideas you guys may have to say about this whole thing. Not just story wise but mechanical too. Just the concept of it you know is there but has only truly been explored in carbon and heat. Which kinda sucks in my opinion and do wish something more will be done with. Anyways enough rambling I wanna end this post by say have a nice day!

    By the way I will likely make minor edits to this post over time so don't be surprised if some of the wording has been fixed alright? Again, have a nice day.

    submitted by /u/Sparkcore-725
    [link] [comments]

    Heat can look great on console, with some MASSIVE tweaking ;)

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Are Crews Still Active and Useful in NFS Heat?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    Hey, just wondering if any crews are still active? I started playing the game last week and I can't seem to find a crew that's been on in the past month. I thought about starting my own, but then it would be just me....all alone lol Anyone got a crew I can join? Or want to make one?

    Von_Scorpius is my EA/Origin gamer tag. I play on PC

    submitted by /u/RaKanaan
    [link] [comments]

    (NFS Heat) I'm starting to do the long jump challanges and I'm just wondering if I need to three star all of them to get the Lambo or just complete them

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    Progress loss

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    Last week I hit rep level 50 I came back to the game yesterday and was set back to level 42 and lost all my progress on the blackjack for the Aston Martin db11 was reset after I completed half the challenges.

    submitted by /u/10xephos01
    [link] [comments]

    Oversteer on 2010 BMW M3

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Basically the title. I've done everything I could, I don't use any drift related parts and use traction control on this thing. But no matter what setup i use, when I have to make a long wide turn, the car oversteers into a drift for no reason then entirely spins out. And the weird thing is on all of my other cars with the same setup, this doesn't occur. Anyone have suggestions?

    submitted by /u/njerome088
    [link] [comments]

    I finished the single player mode and really enjoyed it...

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    So I am wondering what there is to do in the online version and if it's worth investing time into.

    Edit: I am playing Heat

    submitted by /u/UndisputedSkiII
    [link] [comments]

    NFS Games With No Cops Chase In FreeRoam?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    What are all the NFS games that doesn't consist of cops chasing you in freeroam?

    I only know Hot Pursuit 2010 and Payback.

    submitted by /u/r33sh123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment