• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 6, 2020

    Need for Speed NFS 2 was besides Driver the first game my parents bought me back in the day. Relistening the Soundtrack after all this years brings me just pure joy and nostalgia

    Need for Speed NFS 2 was besides Driver the first game my parents bought me back in the day. Relistening the Soundtrack after all this years brings me just pure joy and nostalgia


    NFS 2 was besides Driver the first game my parents bought me back in the day. Relistening the Soundtrack after all this years brings me just pure joy and nostalgia

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    Heat Spotify playlists (Day and Night)

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    I know this is extremely late, but I finally got around to updating my Day and Night Spotify playlists that I use for playing Heat. It's a combination of Heat's official OST, the post someone made a few months ago about the tracks that were cut from the in-game soundtrack, and my personal tracks that I thought fit well with the vibe of the game (warning, the playlists are both long af). If I'm somehow not the only one that still plays this game sometimes, hope you enjoy it :)

    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6QVfYzrDIKMGZTzcO7Kevf?si=ik_FgwccSJiyeakkK4bpDg

    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1qZ9g3XkOdaVyC1Iy9By76?si=kbdQYzlTRriF35l6mgqmUA

    submitted by /u/Falling_with_5tyle
    [link] [comments]

    I just did an entire canyon drift in NFS Carbon with a single combination, and I wish I could prove it to you guys.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    I'm so excited about this but don't know who else would possibly appreciate it but you guys.

    I've been replaying this game after years of it sitting on the shelf and I've been doing a bunch of drift races. Today I managed to get down the entire canyon with one combo, in a bone-stock RX-8. here is the resulting score

    submitted by /u/Hubley
    [link] [comments]

    After my last post being a distasteful troll (which I apologise for), I decided to do some races to see how an Ultimate Elise compares to the ending M3 GTR. The results speak for themselves.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    My Favourite car of all time is the 68 Camaro and I am so glad that I made this behemoth! I made the skin myself, as it is super basic. I am proud.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:26 AM PDT

    Game breaking bug

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    My friend and I just got the game recently because it was on sale and both of us didn't expect NFS Heat to be this fun but then, about 10 hours in, my friend experiences the acceleration bug, I've heard it has been present in like all NFS games. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

    edit: we both play on pc with xbox controllers, me an xbox one controller and him an xbox 360 controller

    submitted by /u/HaxasuarusRex
    [link] [comments]

    More interesting waypoint?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    So i havnt played any racing games in quite a while this may be implemented in other games and it may suck. Ive been playing heat and loving every second of it and what if when you threw a way point on the map there could be light guides on the road and kind of turn it into a race. Maybe it could record speeds over certain stretches of road and you race a ghost you over that stretch? I feel like id never fast travel if traveling was its own race without me having to look at the map and crash

    submitted by /u/N1097
    [link] [comments]

    Discussion about the limited speed cap in NFS

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    So, my curiosity about this subject has grown quite recently. Now as you all know, (if you've ever seen videos of or played) the "retro" NFS games, you could get around 300 mph, and in the late 2000's era NFS' (MW, Carbon, ProStreet, UC) it was possible to get faster than 300 mph (482 km/h), but then around the modern early 2010's NFS, the speed shrunk and then eventually we have Heat, where almost all cars, no matter if they are stock or modified, are trapped around a speed cap of 240 mph.

    I think this might have been because of three possibilities that speed is so unrealistically shrunk in today's titles.

    1. Car Class/Balancing
      It is possible that speed is limited because Ghost wanted to have every car to be viable for racing at even the hardest difficulties and make it seem like you could win with just any car and the right setup, which is understandable.
    2. Realism/In-game physics
      Today, as the physics engine in every NFS game gradually improves, vehicle weight is a massive factor in how the car behaves, and I have a certain speculation that maybe that is the case and if you went too fast, the game would become unstable.
    3. Technical factors/Code
      The speed cap may be there because of some undisclosed technical thing or else.

    Either way, it's going to be interesting how Criterion handles this in the next NFS game, now that they're taking the helm of NFS once again since 2012. If there's anything you think might be wrong or be right about this, please comment as I'd like to know your feedback.

    submitted by /u/TheNFSIdentity
    [link] [comments]

    [NFS Heat] Any good builds for the Black Market Aston Martin?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    I hate that car, and I have so many missions to do with it. Is there any way to make it not handle like a truck and have an actual acceleration and top speed?

    submitted by /u/fussomoro
    [link] [comments]

    bad performance, late to the party

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    just why.....?

    thats really all i ask why? its honestly laughably bad performance... its not bad framerate, i get 60 fps on high or low... but either setting even with a gtx 1060, or my 2080 in my other system, it seems to lower its system usage with better hardware.... and the simple fact is, not only does it lower performance... ill be getting 60 fps, my system usage will drop to like 10% randomly for my gpu, and my cpu will be fine... yet.... the fps will remain 60, but my game itself slows down like slow motion, maintaining fps, and extremely low system usage... but goes slow motion, meaning i crash the car almost instantly. it just wont use even a fraction of my hardware.... for some reason, it slows down like old nintendo systems.... aka clock speed, or rather usage speeds up the action or slows it down... it goes from being fast, to chugging along but still 60 fps.... did they accidentally add clock speed variables? i have a laptop so when it throttles, so does the speed of the gameplay, no stutter, just slower action? is that an accident, or what?

    but its framerate seems to be based entirely off your systems usage, rather than the games own demand.... its just weird af. call me crazy, i think it runs like hot garbage... theres many games i can say the same thing about, but the only other would be marvels new game as well..... and tons of old indie games that just dont work well..... im sorry EA, but all your scandals are mild in comparison to releasing unplayable games. atleast make them fucking work before you release them, i cant and wont play this, no wonder it was a straight to origin access game.

    ps i was able to play this to a point... but the constant slowdowns with slowmo voices was just meh.... pc barely being used... im just like nah i give up, i cheated to see if maybe i was just driving a shit car, but that was not the case. i got to max level with max money instantly with a trainer, as a test, maxed out a manual car, not a rotary..... yea same bass drop effect when it got into populated areas, then extreme lag and a stutter then a crash that i was unable to witness, on both computers..... this game needs to be pulled and re-evaluated EA.... this is a scam to consumers, i just happen to have EA access because battlefield is a good series, and im paying for my little cousins EA subscription for tons of games on his new pc.

    so EA, please fix this game.... make it work for people who have the specs.... its barely playable, it might be acceptable if it was a ps3 or 360 emulated game... but its not, its a port by the devs... so it should be playable.... and im sorry, nfs heat is not playable on any machine... ive tried a minimum spec laptop, and an over reccomend spec desktop, both on reccomended settings, neither work at a playable rate. and that is unacceptable.

    all i have to say is, EA... stop cutting corners, its gett ing old, just give your devs a chance, dont cut corners and lie, this is the age of the internet, we know how much you suck already... cut yourself some slack atleast by doing one thing that isnt a dick move. please.

    i prefer games like the sims, sim city... your startup games EA..... they were amazing.... i would be willing to actually give you my money if you kept that mindset up into these later years, yet you guys havent. bring back your passion, when the sims, sim city, spore, and the like were your forte..... after that you failed yourselves, and your reputation.... do that again, make sims more than it is today, make it something better, more in depth.... thats what we want as gamers, we dont want more of the same, but more in general... more of the same, but more realism as well... sims was the brainchild of maxis and EA.... that should be your flagship focus, not fucking fifa, or god forbid sims 4.... all EA did was remove things from the sims.... added removed.... but never once innovated.... i thinks its time EA innovates again. with all their power and talent, they should.... we are the consumers after all...

    submitted by /u/darkagna
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the difference between Shift 1 and 2?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    What car comes with and uses the 3.9l v8?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Best setup for Regera and 918 spyder NFS Heat

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Basically title. Also I have trouble with cornering with the Regera. I know the car isn't that good so is this just a side effect?

    submitted by /u/Sofruz
    [link] [comments]

    Inspired by a random NFScars listing from a google search (last picture).

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    Recently Re-download NFS Heat (PS4) and all my progress was gone

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    Hello nfs community I would love if someone can help me recover my progress or tell me why it disappeared. Story if needed. I got nsf heat when it released until around January of 2020. No new content was really being added so I deleted to game because there was other games i wanted to play (I only have 500g ) I last night I re-download nfs heat and realized pretty quickly that all my data was gone. Can someone help me recover my data?

    submitted by /u/MY_PP_HURTZ_
    [link] [comments]

    Heat cooldown in a garage (NFS: MW 2005)

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    I've seen an SMS in the game that if I want to reduce my heat lvl for free is that I have to leave my car in a garage for a while? The question is, how long does it take for it to reduce by 1 heat lvl?

    submitted by /u/SomeKindOfPcGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Is Most Wanted 2012, and/or hot pursuit 2010 backwards compatible or available on Xbox one?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    No high level day races in NFS Heat?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    So my almost fully tuned cars are at about a 360 power rating. But the highest level races I do find are at about 320. Aren't there any high end day races? Only the high heat night races?

    submitted by /u/SoulOfMidgard
    [link] [comments]

    Any news on which NFS games will be backwards compatible with the PS5/XBOX Series X?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    I haven't heard anything and the next nfs game will be somewhere in 2021.

    submitted by /u/mr-twentysix
    [link] [comments]

    Need for speed Heat is unplayable.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    I was big on the game back in March-may. took a break and decided to pick it up again today. I had to update, so I did and now that I have the game is litterally unplayable. constant stuttering, audio bearly works. I cant even get back the starting menu. I have 3700x 2080 super xc and 64g ram and yet this game crashes after just a few moments. What happened? Is there any fix to this?

    submitted by /u/Realityvoidx
    [link] [comments]

    NFS MW 2005 Redux rivals problem.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    I've wanted to play MW after few years and i've found the Redux version. After finishing the prologue i could just instantly challenge rivals without doing any milestones or races. Is there any way to fix it?

    submitted by /u/WolfyShiro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment