• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 12, 2020

    Need for Speed Render for NFS

    Need for Speed Render for NFS


    Render for NFS

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Enhaced a picture that i took in Hawaii_MAIN_AutoTest, enjoy! i love this game so much!

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    I keep freezing and getting blue screened sometimes when i either leave the garage or try and get into a scenic part of the story line why

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 11:28 PM PDT

    I keep freezing and getting blue screened sometimes when i either leave the garage or try and get into a scenic part of the story line why is that? Im on pc i want to know if anyone else is having this problem.

    submitted by /u/TisPython
    [link] [comments]

    NFS Heat: My first NFS game since Underground 2... Some thoughts.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    This is the first NFS game I've spent real time on since NFS Underground 2. As I've heard such terrible things about all the recent games I've not even given them a first glance. I thought I'd give this one a shot as I got it on sale on Steam for £23. If I'd paid full price (£60!?) for this I'd be disappointed. I've also not played online, as online games don't really do anything for me. I prefer a good story. I'm currently at 24 hours of gameplay. I'd like to share some thoughts with you and see if you agree/disagree and have a constructive discussion. The below is all my own opinion. Let me start with the positives;

    - Graphics look great, though they could be more customisable in terms of film grain and sharpness. I don't like all the post processing that's included.

    - Engine/exhaust sounds are awesome. Really well done and the exhaust sound mod is a great touch, even if the flames are way over the top, especially on stock vehicles.

    - Lovely big, variable map to play on. Love that some parts of it are just playgrounds.

    - Love the day/night idea and the way it swaps.

    - Screen transitions are really cool and well polished.

    - Lots of well modelled cars and modifications.

    - I like how the car reacts to different surfaces. You can't drive as fast of grass/dirt as pavement. Gives a sense of realism, even if the rest of the driving experience doesn't. FH is bad at this.

    - Different race types, though part of me weirdly misses the old drag race mechanic...

    - The additional challenges are nice, but the collectables are meh.

    - Cop chases really add an extra level of thrill and excitement. The sounds, lights and little touches with the graphics distortion on the HUD when crashing are great.

    - Game lighting looks great, even without ray tracing.

    - Damage is decent.

    - Sense of speed is good. I'm glad they let me reduce the camera shake.

    Negatives;

    - I bought this game on Steam. I don't want to install Origin. **** you, EA.

    - Physics are frustrating and spoil things. I've played lots of racing games over the years and it took me quite a long time to get use to the way the cars handle on this game. I don't like it. They're too unpredictable and do not react how you expect. I get what they've done with the different ways to mod the car for different race types, but there is little in the game that explains this to you and it still doesn't do what you expect.

    - Drifting is terrible. It's very hard to keep any kind of flow going and the car slows down a lot, even with 700+bhp.

    - Story was too short and wasn't exactly riveting. Some characters are also very flat. Was very surprised when I received the 'thanks for playing message'.

    - The players you can choose from are so overly 'hipster' that I struggled to pick one that didn't look like a complete douche bag. The repetitive dodgy dance moves, constant selfies in the garage and general over-the-top acting of the characters is super cringey. Please. Stop.

    - In game currency is called 'bank'? Ugh.

    - Soundtrack is a bit naff, but you can always play your own in the background.

    - Controller support on PC is simply unacceptable. No options for changing button assignments. Cannot believe they got away with this. Found a built in Windows feature that can remap buttons, but it isn't represented in the game, so menu navigation can be very confusing.

    - When using a controller I cannot use the handbrake and shift gears at the same time. It's one or the other. Again, terrible.

    - The engine swaps don't tell you what cars they are from. Minor annoyance.

    - The naming scheme for engine mods is simply lazy.

    - The engine mods are not representative of the real world at all. How can a cooling upgrade give more performance than fitting a turbo to my car? I gained 20bhp by fitting a turbo kit to an n/a car. 20. Really?

    - Too much rubber banding for the cops. They catch you too easily and don't seem to be affected by the road surface anywhere near as much as you.

    - Why, when standing still does your car lurch forward when changing gears manually? Just why?

    - Why can you drive through trees and large rocks at any speed, but a small hatchback will stop you dead in your tracks.

    - AI traffic is terrible. You'll be speeding towards an intersection and will see a truck driving over it. You calculate he will pass before you get there at his current velocity. Nope, he stops right in the middle making him completely unavoidable. I think they've tried to make the AI 'help' you by slowing down/stopping, but instead it has the complete opposite effect.

    - Rains too much and doesn't affect handling at all from what I can tell.

    - Some features of the game are completely unexplained and I had to look up online what to do.

    - Nitpicking, but the dealership experience is very bland and boring. Could have added a bit more depth here as buying a new car is one of the most exciting parts of an open world racer, at least for me. Also, why only one?

    - I don't understand the point of the parts store. You just get everything in your garage?

    - I didn't even know I had a crew. When was that explained? What do I do with them? Who are they?

    Overall I have enjoyed playing it, but it definitely didn't live up to my expectiations. I went into it with an open mind. Now I've done the story it's becoming a bit repetitive and boring. Maybe that's just because I'm now so much older than when I played Underground 2, or maybe I need to try online.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Skilid
    [link] [comments]

    Need for Speed Carbon Drift Tracks

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    So I'm not big into car or racing games. I've played some of the newest Forza Horizons game and I think it's fun. But nothing, to me, beat a specific need for speed carbon track. I don't remember the name of the track but a buddy of mine and I would go back and forth for hours trying to beat each other's high scores. I didn't even play the rest of the game, just that drift track. I was just watching videos of the most recent Need for speed games to see if it had the same design. I'd like to replicate that feeling. It doesn't look like there are specific drift tracks, just drift zones. What I liked about carbon was not just the dedicated drift tracks, but the zones within the corners of the tracks that gave bonus points the longer you could keep a drift going within those zones. So it wasn't just about getting multipliers, but really trying to hit specific areas of the track. It was so satisfying to pull off some of these drifts. Is there a modern version of this style of drift track? I'd play carbon, but it looks like getting it to run on PC nowadays is rough, and it's only available on disk, and my PC doesn't have a disk drive. Sorry, this is probably a little rambling, I'm half awake lol.

    submitted by /u/Dclipp89
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this is the right sub for this but.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    Does anyone know goe to fix the save game issyes in carbon? whenever i load my alias the game just crashes and ive tried a lot of fixes online to no avail.

    submitted by /u/throwaway117-
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think about this 2000s style livery, what would suggest I change/add since it's a work in progress?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    The game cant start

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    I press it and it doesnt even open i have tried everything

    submitted by /u/Martybgg
    [link] [comments]

    Considering getting NFS Heat

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    I was gonna get Heat at the start of the year but other stuff came up and I forgot about Heat for a while, but I'm in the mood for a new racing game so I'm considering getting it. what's the state of the game now? Is it still being supported/updated? Any DLC?

    submitted by /u/Platypopss
    [link] [comments]

    Help : Crew Leaderboards

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Stupid question: what are the crew leaderboards/ rankings in the maps based on? Region? Players currently in game?

    submitted by /u/PimpMyBurger
    [link] [comments]

    What Need For Speed Before Heat Came Out is Closest to Heat?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    I can't play heat but have access to all nfs games before that. Which game before Heat game out is the closest to it. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Eyas2006
    [link] [comments]

    Heat is overheating my CPU(i7-9750HF Laptop Legion Y540) from the launch. Already undervolted CPU(-0.110v) and using cooling pad. Any way to fix this?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    Which Need For Speed Game (On PS3) Has Best Customisability and Car Buying?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    I want to buy cars and customise them and free roam or play online. Which Need For speed game on Ps3 (I believe up to Rivals) has best customisability and car buying choices. I dont want to unlock cars I want to get money from winning races and buy them and customise it. Thank you very much

    submitted by /u/Eyas2006
    [link] [comments]

    How is the game?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    I am gonna buy need for speed 2015 tommorow as it is on -75% so shall I buy if? Does it run at stable 1080p60?Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/FunnyDifficulty6
    [link] [comments]

    Question concerning the Lotus Europa S in NFS: Carbon

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    ....so I have a copy of Carbon on the PS3, and I've been wanting to know; With the online servers of Carbon long dead, is there any other legitimate way to get the Europa S, or am I just stuck without it?

    submitted by /u/Im_Not_KoichiHirose
    [link] [comments]

    NFS 2015's Prestige Mode is the hardest thing in a racing game I've attempted since F-Zero GX's story mode

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    First of all, I want to make it clear that this is not an ask or request to have the times changed. It's just a random musing I had.

    So I decided to revisit a lot of my neglected games due to nothing new catching my eye and COVID quarantine giving me nothing better to do. And one of the games I revisited was Need For Speed 2015.

    Ah, Need For Speed 2015. The title with its infamous prestige mode. I decided to run some prestige events for the hell of it and then it hit me on just how hard it was. Speed times that require you to be virtually perfect, down to the split second. Drift scores that look almost inhuman. After years of having put the game down, I was nowhere close to getting any more golds. Just one event felt like torture, let alone forty.

    But when I raced these events, I couldn't help but think back to my experiences playing F-Zero GX as a kid. Back in the day, everyone was ranking it up there as the hardest racing game on the market. And it was mostly because of story mode with unforgiving times or AI depending on mission. I personally remember middle school me spending hours trying to complete one chapter, much to the chagrin of my mother who eventually wanted me off the GameCube. And to this day the words "Chapter 7" makes anyone who's played F-Zero GX shudder.

    My personal thoughts on prestige is that it makes F-Zero GX feel like a simple warm up. I personally rank NFS's prestige higher than F-Zero GX's story mode in terms of difficulty. People these days complain about games (especially non-sim racing games) becoming too easy, but prestige says otherwise.

    What about you guys? How would you describe your prestige experience? Where would you rank it in terms of difficult racing game things?

    submitted by /u/Giantsgiants
    [link] [comments]

    3 times I've started and played a few hours, only to have my save delete half my progress

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    PS4, does this happen to most people? It happens to my brother also.
    It's truely making me hate a game I want to play.

    submitted by /u/P_Blood
    [link] [comments]

    NFS MW 2012 Car cinematics

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:40 AM PDT

    Am I the only that thinks it's very cool the way they showed the car before starting the race. No one really talks about it.

    submitted by /u/Ghostinesplays
    [link] [comments]

    Help please i have NFS Carbon graphics issue

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    I have NFS Carbon graphics issue. When i am running with car some triangle-like shapes appear in the game it also happens sometimes on cutscenes and sometimes it covers my screen.

    Is there a way to fix this?

    My specs: Acer Aspire 5733 laptop CPU Intel-Core i3-380M @ 2.53 Ghz RAM 4GB Graphics Intel HD graphics Windows 7

    submitted by /u/kazuya246
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to get Need for Speed Most Wanted (old version) for my Laptop?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    I got a version of it that had little to no sound, cutscenes barely work, the M3 GTR doesn't even break down properly in the intro.

    My laptop doesn't have a disk tray, so it'll have to be digital. It wasn't on steam, and I couldn't find anywhere to buy it on the NFS website.

    Is there a certain version of the game I should have? I've heard the "Black" version works with sound. I hope this complies with Rule 1, I'd rather not try to get pirated versions of this game, if there's any other way or site to get it legally.

    submitted by /u/RazorPulsar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment