• Breaking News

    Monday, December 21, 2020

    Need for Speed The problem with newer Need for Speed games

    Need for Speed The problem with newer Need for Speed games


    The problem with newer Need for Speed games

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:17 PM PST

    Hi everyone! Lately I've been thinking about why I haven't been able to enjoy some of the newer games of the franchise. Some of the reasons are obvious, like the lack of customization and story in games like Hot Pursuit and Rivals or the awful handling model of 2015 and Payback. However, there's something else. I think the reason that the games after Carbon failed to match its predecessors (in my opinion) it's because of the lack of soul they have. I don't know, even in this day playing underground 2, the first most wanted or even carbon has a different vibe to it. The cities, the stories, everything just meshes together nicely. These three certainly feel like more than just games for me. And don't say it's just nostalgia, even if I play those three today it just feels more heartwarming than playing some of the newer games

    submitted by /u/xicopereira4
    [link] [comments]

    Silvia cruisin'

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:37 PM PST

    Just completed a playthrough of ProStreet with nothing but RX-8s

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:35 PM PST

    This is one of those posts that's likely not of interest to many, and it's a bit long, but it's just one of those things - I wanted to tell someone about it, and I don't know anyone in the real world who even plays the game, so...

    This is a thing I'd been idly threatening to do for a while now, just because I was pretty sure that the RX-8 was good enough at everything to make it work. And it is, and it did.

    These are the cars I used.

    The blue one was the one I started with after I sold the 240sx. I kept it tuned for the shorter tracks - medium suspension, max acceleration, low gearing. The silver one was my main dragster. The green and yellow one was drift, the orange one was speed, the black one was long track grip - max top speed, high gearing and stiff, lowered suspension - and the red one was for wheelies.

    Some oddities along the way-

    The detuned grip car handled fine and won easily, but I guess the game expected more from it, since it generally didn't score very well. Sector shootouts were tough with it, since they're not flat-out races - the starting count for each sector depends on the performance rating of the car - and again, I guess the game expected more from it.

    The dragster was awesome (and I already knew it would be - I've used them before).

    The drift car was odd. I'd experimented with RX-8s for drift, but never used one before, since I really don't care much for the way they handle - they tend to either go straight or sideways, with too little transition between the two, and too little ability to switch directions at speed. But the thing I hadn't discovered, since I hadn't used one in a playthrough before, was that they score ridiculously well. I managed to tune the car to handle pretty well, though it was never quite what I wanted, but in spite of the fact that it never quite handled like I wanted, I managed to break 9,000 once, 8,000 twice and 7,000 so many times I lost track of them (including one event in which all three of my runs were over 7,000).

    The speed car was strange too. When I first put it together - with an autosculpt body - it handled okay (aside from bouncing a lot), but it was dreadfully slow. I finally worked out that the problem is that has a totally unrealistic amount of downforce - when I switched it back to a stock body, it finally went at a decent speed. I also ended up running it with stage 2 suspension, very precisely tuned (tip - the place to start with speed tuning is max rear springs and max front shocks - that fixes a lot of the cars all by itself) - stage 3 was just far too stiff and bouncy, and I only use stage 4 parts if I win them. It wasn't great, but it managed okay, and was really much better all in all than I expected it to be.

    The black grip car was great. It wasn't quite fast enough to beat Rudy's Porsche, but it beat everything else handily, including Ryo.

    And the wheelie car was only so-so, and I expected that. Whenever I use an RX-8 for my main dragster, I expect to have to get something else for a wheelie car, since it just doesn't do very well at them. I managed to tune it so that, with NOS and good timing, I could get over 700 feet pretty consistently and over 800 or even 900 if all went exactly right. That's enough to win most races, but there were a few of the ones leading up to the king challenge that I just couldn't win, since they'd get up over 1,000 feet, and I just couldn't get the RX-8 to do that.

    Speaking of the kings -

    The speed series was easier than I expected, but still tough. As usual though, the biggest hassle wasn't the car or the course, but trying to get past all those other morons early in the race - once I was out front, it was fine.

    The drag series was a pretty fun challenge. The dragster would just barely break 8 seconds if I did everything right, which was just exactly enough to win the last set of races (or second-to-the-last actually, since those are the real challenge in the game, and the kings themselves suck).

    The drift series was far too easy - the car still didn't handle quite right, but that didn't make any difference, since even a mediocre run with it would score higher than a great run with another car.

    The grip series was even tougher than normal. The blue car wasn't quite nimble and quick enough for the short tracks and the black one wasn't quite fast enough for the long ones, so Rudy was even more of a challenge than he usually is. In the last set of races, at Willow Springs, I came in second to Rudy pretty much no matter what, and finally managed to beat him by using the black car on the short track sector shootout and getting a great run with it.

    And Ryo was easy. Generally, the toughest parts with him are the drift with the long downhill right at the start and the time trial on the track with the chicane, and those were both easy - the drift car outscored him easily and though the black grip car wasn't quite as fast as his Evo, it made it through the chicane enough faster to make up for that.

    All in all it was a fun challenge - instead of using cars that are especially well-suited for each build, I had to try to sort out how to make the best of the ones I had to use. And it was fun designing each car to be notably different and as distinctly suited to their class as possible. I've never been really good at livery, but I was pretty pleased with them all in all, especially because the RX-8 aero kits have some weird display issues.

    I'm considering doing it again with a different car, but I haven't come up with one that interests me enough to want to do it and that's balanced well enough to be good enough at everything.

    submitted by /u/BobCrosswise
    [link] [comments]

    Vinyl Translation. Does anyone know what this means?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:26 PM PST

    Why doesn’t NFS 2015 run properly on PS5?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 12:11 AM PST

    Just wondering why. They console even warns you that it might not work correctly. The main issue is other players not syncing at all and the AI acting strange. I know the game is online only but online works just fine on the other games.

    submitted by /u/Seahorse1213
    [link] [comments]

    I just wanted to play some Heat and this monstrosity appears on my screen. The game works, I can use the menus and stuff but this visual glitch is sooo weird!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:57 PM PST

    Party up? Looking for people to race with.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:15 PM PST

    Looking for fun racers, 3 hours +... I just wanna race for hours.. F/33/CAN

    submitted by /u/Tktxo
    [link] [comments]

    What do you prefer? Heat or Payback? And why?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:25 AM PST

    I wanna know more from the community.

    submitted by /u/foopidiescoop07
    [link] [comments]

    Is the ferrari testarossa good?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:16 PM PST

    Im bout to buy it but dont know if its a good car help me plz

    submitted by /u/Stonksman101
    [link] [comments]

    Which game of the series should I buy?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 12:30 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I'm interested in a game that is a bit like carbon. (Only NFS Game I played and this is probably 13 years ago)

    Do you have any advise which of the newer games would fit the best?

    Tuning (aesthetics more important), open world are the things that I look for :)

    Thanks a lot in advance!

    submitted by /u/Trasporto
    [link] [comments]

    I can play multiplayer in NFS 2015 PS4 now even without PS+

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:09 AM PST

    I have been playing NFS 2015 again recently since I got bored during quarantine and every time I boot up the game, it automatically selected as "Alone" mode because it is required to have PS+ to play with other people. Speed list and Crew play is locked as well.

    But just today, when I boot up the game, it is automatically selected to play "All drive" mode and Speed List as well as Crew play were unlocked. I didn't buy PS+ nor says I have PS+. What caused this? Is it free to play multi now? Also anyone without PS+ can try it out? I wanna know if it's for everyone or maybe I just reached a certain level or something idk.

    submitted by /u/EnVy_Asul
    [link] [comments]

    What’s everyone’s best time for NFS Hot Pursuit Chase 101?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:05 AM PST

    Me and my friend are competing against each other in times and we are trying to beat each other on Chase 101 as we both have times of 18.65 seconds. Wanting to see if anyone has got faster times.

    submitted by /u/Dibs2005
    [link] [comments]

    So I was just wondering about the online servers in Underground 2(I'm on PC) are they stable?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 12:24 AM PST

    Also are there many players on it? I wanna know because I haven't tried it yet. Is it worth it too or should I just stick to playing against the AI.

    submitted by /u/ReyUnleashed
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment