• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 11, 2020

    Need for Speed Has Need for Speed influenced your taste in music?

    Need for Speed Has Need for Speed influenced your taste in music?


    Has Need for Speed influenced your taste in music?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    I've been playing Need for Speed games for almost my entire life, starting with Hot Pursuit 2. I've realized looking at my music library that a lot of what I listen to was either directly because of, or indirectly influenced by NFS. Both indivudal artists and genres as a whole I initially discovered in Need for Speed.

    I thought it might be fun to run through what each game led me to listen to, and I wanted to see if anyone else here has had a similar experience.

    Hot Pursuit 2 - I've never really gotten into any of the bands featured here, but I still adore the individual songs. One Little Victory by Rush, and Buzzhorn - Ordinary are the standouts.

    Most Wanted - My first exposure to Celldweller and The Prodigy. I rediscovered both artists a couple years after playing MW, and fell in love all over again. More recently, Celldweller's record label, FIXT, has also introduced me to a lot of new artists.

    Prostreet - The Bloody Beetroots' remix of Escape and Pogo by Digitalism are probably the reason I love electro as much as I do now, and Junkie XL's OST is beautiful.

    Undercover - Undercover is how I discovered Justice and The Qemists, who have since become a couple of my favorite artists. And while not the game that initially pushed me to listen to their albums, Pendulum was also featured.

    Hot Pursuit - And here's where the influence really starts. Pendulum - Watercolour made me instantly fall in love with Pendulum, Sofi Needs a Ladder was my introduction to Deadmau5, and say what you will about the rest of their discography, but Edge of the Earth is an absolute banger. Just to throw out a few more names (this is already too long and I haven't even gotten to MW12 yet), Benny Benassi, Bad Religion, Chiddy Bang, M.I.A., and while it wasn't the reason I decide to check them out, HP would have been my first exposure to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Teddybears.

    Shift 2 - This soundtrack isn't quite as big, but still has a couple standout artists for me. While they've been featured in NFS games before, Shift 2 is what got me into Rise Against. Biffy Clyro - Mountains is great, and always reminds me of this game and DiRT 2... I also enjoy Levitate by Hollywood Undead more than I care to admit.

    The Run - This is how I got into The Black Keys and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, however, my favorite songs were on the Wii version of the game. Nu:Tone - Shine In was my introduction to more traditional Drum 'n' Bass, and I still listen to Tony Cartier - Man on a Mission regularly.

    Most Wanted 2012 - Oh boy this is a biggin, time for a format change

    Nero - Won't You (Be There) - First introduction to Nero, phenomenal song.

    Muse - Butterflies and Hurricanes - Instantly fell in love, still their best song.

    Madeon - The City - Adventure is still one of my favorite albums, it's an absolute masterpiece. The fact that he was just 18 when he released this song fills me with existential dread.

    The Chemical Brothers - Galvanize - Somehow I hadn't heard of them until I played MW, they've since become one of my favorite artists.

    Foreign Beggars - Contact - I got into Noisia and Foreign Beggars way after playing MW, but this would've been the first time I heard either artist.

    Icona Pop - I Love It - fuck you this song is great.

    Skrillex - Breakn' a Sweat (Zedd Remix) - I had heard Clarity before, but hearing this song in MW was what made me realize "oh shit Zedd isn't just a pop artist". His first album is fantastic, it's too bad he's slipped in quality in recent years.

    Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers - I still don't own this song for some reason, I need to resolve that.

    Flux Pavillion - Double Edge - Another artist I got into later, but this was the first I had heard them.

    Rivals - The last NFS with a good soundtrack in my opinion, but at least it went out with a bang.

    Brick + Mortar - Bangs & Locked In a Cage - Massively underrated artist, their entire discography is phenominal.

    I've never really gotten into the rest of their music, but Lootin' in London is fantastic.

    Hyper - Live Forever - Another artist I got into later, MW05 would've actually been the first time I heard them, but I prefer their modern stuff quite a bit more.

    Bastille - Pompeii (Kat Krazy Remix) - I really don't like Bastille, but I really love this remix.

    Haezer - Troublemaker - Easily the most underrated artist here, he's made some of the best electro I've ever heard. His Gold Plated Frequencies EP is beautiful.

    I already mentioned The Qemists, but "No More" is just so good.

    Payback - Barns Courtney - Kicks is great, this song may have been the only thing I enjoyed about Payback. Aside from this, the last 3 games really haven't done much for me soundtrack-wise.

    I could probably expand this with artists I discovered because of artists in NFS, like how I got into Foxes because I listened Zedd more, or London Elektricity from Pendulum, but this post is long enough, and I'm really interested in seeing if anyone has had a similar experience with the series.

    submitted by /u/carbonated_bread
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this is allowed here, but I recreated Darius' Audi R8 in FH4. Canyon duel, anyone?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    I started this game 5 and a half days ago...

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    Something they should bring back to market the next game

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    If you remember, Ghost did this whole thing where you could make a car in the Need for Speed Heat Studio app and you had the opportunity of it appearing in your very own Launch Trailer. I think they should do that again. It was really cool. They also should release some kind of video editing tool to make the trailer how we want it. A more personalized trailer if you will. It was so cool. And not everybody got a chance to have their very own trailer. Myself included. Who thinks they should bring that back? And another Studio app?

    submitted by /u/Lilmanike
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who replays NFS 2015 just for the Supra?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    NFS Carbon with a few mods. Hot or not?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    foreign people on the speed walls in a nutshell

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    What Is The Best PS3 NFS Game Shift 2, Most wanted or hot pursuit?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    those were the 3 games I saw which one is better

    submitted by /u/Eyas2006
    [link] [comments]

    In Gods name how does drag race work in UG2!!??

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I've been stuck at the 2nd drag race for hours!! It's making me so frustrated. I can never get the damn shifts right. I wanna punch the wall 100 times till my knuckles bleed. Those damn cars are too fast. I've never get a chance. I've been restarting a billion times. Please help!!!!

    submitted by /u/JosefG91
    [link] [comments]

    What is your Favourite Machines to Tune in Need For Speed Heat and Why (type in the comment below)?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    My personal and only choise is JDM!

    Why?

    I've grown up with JDM's all around me - the exteriors, the interiors, the Inline engines with small capacity that rev to the Moon, The Sound and the Monsters they become after Tuning! My Absolute favourite machine of all time - Nissan Skyline V-Spec GT-R (R32) a.k.a. "Godzilla"! 🇯🇵

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/MillenniumExodus
    [link] [comments]

    High Heat Races

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    I have just completed a heat 5 race. And the ultimate plus part hasn't appeared in my inventory or unlocked for me to buy. However on the side of my screen when I open the"my ride" section "High Heat Rewards" is in red on the right side of my screen right under my character. Is there something or somewhere that I'm supposed to go to so I can unlock it?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/yerrrrrrsinggsab
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think there will be a re-release of old NFS games on Origin or Steam?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    I loved playing NFS Most Wanted, Carbon, Pro Street, Hot Pursuit II, NFS III Hot Pursuit back in my childhood days. I would LOVE to see a release for either Steam or Origin and it would be so awesome if they added some nice achievements for these games as well!

    What I loved most about the NFS games I mentioned is that they were fairly easy & relaxing to play. You didn't need a lot of concentration and work to play them and win the races (except in Pro Street maybe) and if you failed, you could just restart the race. It was a fun mix of casual stress-free gaming and customizing your car.

    I would love to play them again but Origin removed all the old NFS from their store. They should really re-release them with achievements, I am sure many people would buy them. What do you think, will these gems be lost to us forever only being able to be played by pirating them or will there be a release in the future?

    submitted by /u/ValiantCristal
    [link] [comments]

    Most Wanted 2012 - license plates

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    Is it possible to change it's text or background in single player? I saw it somewhere but I can't figure it how?

    submitted by /u/kubon352
    [link] [comments]

    I was mucking about offline with cheats until I pressed X on my controller on this screen. Does anyone know what that picture flashing is?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    Where my NFS Rivals lovers at!!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    where the NFS Rivals lovers at because this game doesn't get the love and credit that it deserves and is still considered too me my favorite NFS game of all time

    submitted by /u/uhhCTRL
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment