• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 17, 2020

    Need for Speed Did the best I could to recreate Johnny Silverhand's '97 Porsche 911 (930) Turbo

    Need for Speed Did the best I could to recreate Johnny Silverhand's '97 Porsche 911 (930) Turbo


    Did the best I could to recreate Johnny Silverhand's '97 Porsche 911 (930) Turbo

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 04:12 PM PST

    Stuck on duty during a nasty storm, but at least I have my Switch with me and Hot Pursuit loaded

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:55 AM PST

    Tonight we ride.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 06:32 PM PST

    Just my ‘69, I thought it was a good pic

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:07 AM PST

    Shoutout to Cannonball in NFSHP10 Remastered

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:51 PM PST

    Cannonball is the only Gauntlet event that allows the licensed soundtrack to continue playing post-pursuit, which is exactly what every other Gauntlet should do. Or at least have the option to enable/disable cop music like MW does. Sometimes I just wanna vibe to the soundtrack they spent many resources into getting the licenses for a second time yknow?

    submitted by /u/DiegoGTRatty
    [link] [comments]

    Something good I think could've happened if EA hadn't dumped Ghost entirely

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:17 PM PST

    (Yes, I know part of Ghost's employees were moved to Criterion, but this is more of a what if.)

    Ok, to be frank, I don't know much about business, but I got this sort of idea where if EA hadn't killed Ghost and came back to Criterion, maybe we could've had two different NFS sub-genres, each releasing 2 or 3 years apart from one another, just like how it was throughout the late 2000's and early 2010's. Maybe even play to both studios' strengths and help each other with it's weaknesses.

    Criterion is really good at providing fun, fast-paced, polished gameplay with stock cars and upgrades, pretty much like most of the early NFS Games during the EA Canada era. They have a good taste in soundtracks because all the NFS games they've produced have had a great to solid soundtrack. However there is some things they need to work on in storytelling, and we don't know if they're still on the Burnout-style driving model, (although their engine, Chameleon, is by far better than Frostbite and we all know it) amongst other issues, but that's where Ghost comes in.

    Ghost on the other hand, do OK at best when it comes to making a story for an NFS game, and have been progressively getting better with improving quality for the overall game, such as graphics and such. Their games have a lot of customization so they're best developing like how Black Box did for the "Underground era" of games. But, they are notorious for using a very broken engine (the infamous Frostbite engine), which is not very good, and their games lack polish; (Rivals is their biggest offender in this category) they're usually filled with bugs, crashes and other technical issues.

    But either way, I feel that with the collective effort of both studios, and if EA would have been just a bit more lenient, we could've gotten out of this so-called "suffering from success" hole NFS has been stuck in since 2006.

    P.S. I worked my ass off to write this post, so please let me know your opinion, good or bad.

    submitted by /u/TheNFSIdentity
    [link] [comments]

    We goin' down on it (taken in The Crew 2)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:13 AM PST

    NFS 2021 “Alpha” Gameplay footage - Uploaded not too long ago

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 02:32 PM PST

    NFS is a profanity, apparently. If anyone knows why, please tell me.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:44 AM PST

    Good vs Evil (Hot Pursuit Remastered)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:30 AM PST

    A game that is close to Fast and Furious

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:25 PM PST

    Is there a game in this series that offers the occasional heists/illegal street racing aspect of the older Fast and Furious movies? Forza horizon is fun, but it doesnt fill what im quite looking for. Tbh its the lack of Nos.

    submitted by /u/logans118
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know the name of the dance the guy does when he wins? It's from Need for speed heat. Thank you so much

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:05 PM PST

    The skyline from older games doesn't sound like a skyline at all

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:39 AM PST

    It actually sounds more like a 1JZ than anything else. I found this out when watching exhaust videos of the 1JZ and it just doesn't sound like an RB to me. Does anyone else think that's one of the inaccuracies of older games? I think 2015-Heat actually got the sound of an RB correct (especially on the R32), though that's just my opinion. Will say though the 2f2f 1JZ-RB Frankenstein mix we have from older games sounds good though.

    submitted by /u/lifeofaaron
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I barred from editing the license plate text on a Lotus Exige S '06 on NFS Heat??

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:29 AM PST

    There is absolutely no option to edit the license plate text on this vehicle!! I tricked it out with colors of the Pokémon Xerneas and I want "Xerneas" as the license plate text yet there seems to be NO option to change it!!

    I WAS able to change the license plate text on my starter car but NOT on this car!! It is currently "Heat"!!

    Does anybody know what the problem could be?

    submitted by /u/Arceist_Justin
    [link] [comments]

    Okay, let's round up the names of what the next NFS might be called.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:52 AM PST

    I'm thinking it might be called Need For Speed: Edge or Racer's Edge, Although naming it Razor's Edge sounds much cooler. Tell me what are your titles? And what's their possibilities of being true?

    submitted by /u/ReyUnleashed
    [link] [comments]

    Help with low fps on NFS heat?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:50 AM PST

    I have an i5 8600k and a 1070. I used to run NFS heat at 70 or 80 fps on ultra no problems. I just reinstalled it and it's stuck on 35 at night, 45 during the day which is really bad performance for me. I've tried the NVIDIA global video settings trick, the user.cfg trick, reinstalling and even resetting windows. Nothing has worked. Does anyone know any other fixes?

    submitted by /u/Just_Economics
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment