• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 27, 2020

    Need for Speed [NFS:W] The Need For Speed... tramp stamp?

    Need for Speed [NFS:W] The Need For Speed... tramp stamp?


    [NFS:W] The Need For Speed... tramp stamp?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 04:06 PM PST

    NFS' Max Myrus confirms Xbox start screen glitch fix coming in the next update

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 08:21 AM PST

    Why NFS moving back to Criterion is a good thing (my opinion)

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 10:45 AM PST

    In my opinion there has been a lot of misinformation about who Criterion Games is at the moment, why Ghost Games is being gutted and where NFS is headed.

    I made a comment from my phone which contains most of the content as this post and decided that I should just edit it to be a post, so that hopefully people might get some more insight into the behind the scenes of Ghost Games and this studio shift.

    Firstly, to those saying that Ghost Games was forced to release NFS Heat early and buggy, saying that it was purely the fault of EA. Know that Need For Speed has almost ALWAYS had a November release (since 2003 with Underground) and in more recent times a 2 year release cycle.

    They haven't "killed the company". Ghost Games was a Studio, meaning a set of developers working in a studio house/set. This was located in Gothenburg, Sweden.

    When NFS was moved to Ghost Games, EA gutted most of Criterion Games and relocated some of the developers to EA Gothenburg.

    EA Gothenburg was then renamed to Ghost Games.

    The problem was that Gothenburg in Sweden had a lack of available talent, so they struggled to increase the size of their team working on the game, which is why all of Ghost's games have been buggy and lacked polish, despite EA Gothenburg having some of the people that helped create the Frostbite Engine that all Ghost NFS games have used.

    To fix this problem EA are relocated most of the Ghost Games employees back to Criterion where they were working originally, in Guildford, England.

    About 80% of the current Ghost Games developers were previously working at Criterion Games.

    Guildford is the one of the biggest Video Game Development hubs in Europe, where it will be much easier for EA to hire talented people to work on NFS. This will hopefully fix the issues Ghost Games had.

    While Ghost Games was working on NFS, EA slowly built up the number of people working at Criterion, who were working with other EA studios to help them use the Frostbite Engine.

    So in this shift of employees to Criterion from Ghost, there will be more total employees at Criterion than there was at Ghost.

    Ghost Games is going to be renamed back to EA Gothenburg and will be helping other studios use Frostbite, like before and taking up what Criterion was doing. Some of the Ghost team helped create Frostbite, which is why they are better suited to help other studios work with Frostbite than Criterion were.

    So where does that leave us?

    NFS Heat will likely have poor support while EA tries to get NFS back on track, with a larger team and hopefully better games.

    But instead all these fanboys on reddit are crying about their customisation and repeating on mass "Ghost did nothing wrong :'C"

    Those same people didn't even read the original leaked article that they were referring to, ~80% of the people who made NFS Heat were people who worked on MW 2012.

    On top of that, MW 2012 was supposed to be a true successor to MW 2005, but because of time constraints or other reasons they couldn't do that.

    This is what MW 2012 was supposed to be: https://youtu.be/x_kvZPW6yFc

    Other cut content: https://youtu.be/ZOJWWn_uqE0

    Meanwhile in the background YouTubers are spreading misinformation and saying stupid shit, as usual led by BlackPanthaa who seems to hate Criterion Games, even if it's just a studio name and location.

    His opinions shouldn't be taken seriously either considering his exaggeration of Ghost's NFS titles and his stance of NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 "not being NFS" despite it being a true homage to the older NFS games, but instead we kept hearing "Where's my customisation?", "Where's my tuner cars?", "This isn't NFS!"

    His original video about the topic in 2014, where people correctly pointed out his flawed logic and disregard for anything NFS related that came before NFS Underground: https://youtu.be/DngZ9xsb7A8

    Him trying to put out the same idea now that he's got a larger audience: https://youtu.be/ZjwoyNAmpDg

    LPRIPPER24 also spreading misinformation without properly reading the article or waiting for more details to be revealed: https://youtu.be/EDM1586Y9V0

    From what I've seen the only youtubers who have made well informed videos has been StraightUpHippo: https://youtu.be/wMIW7kVfa2E and https://youtu.be/bmvK7erMzkc

    And KuruHS: https://youtu.be/EBYrpFbF75s

    Everything above this line was adapted from my original comment, it might have a lot of mistakes or inaccuracies, so feel free to let me know what I've got wrong and I can try to correct this post.

    submitted by /u/Shrenade514
    [link] [comments]

    NFS HEAT + RESHADE.(Took me a good hour to make it look like this,totally worth it!)

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:53 PM PST

    can't create crews, everytime i put the name of it, nothing happens

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 06:28 PM PST

    Flat 6 or V6 on the rsr?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:42 PM PST

    Which is better swap?

    submitted by /u/Bulldog2100
    [link] [comments]

    NFS Heat Standard vs Deluxe

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:49 PM PST

    I just have a quick question, is the content in the deluxe edition obtainable in game? The game is on sale and I really want to get it.

    submitted by /u/jonathanvasr
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best engine swap for offroad racing in the Subaru Impreza WRX STI '06?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:33 PM PST

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/sbufish
    [link] [comments]

    Crew Question

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:30 PM PST

    The crew I'm in right now has been inactive for a couple weeks.

    The REP needed to level up is 2,543,000 million.

    We're at 2,090,581 million.

    Is the 2nd number the total REP earned since level 1? Cause if that's the case, I could start my own crew & get it to that level insanely quick.

    Or is the 2nd number just for that level?

    submitted by /u/FortySevenLifestyle
    [link] [comments]

    Did NFS just tease a DLC update?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:34 AM PST

    Out of the blue, NFS just put three pics on their Insta story. One of Ana's actor, then one of Torres's actor, and finally the two standing side by side. Am I grasping at straws here, or are they (hopefully) teasing some new content?

    submitted by /u/Carguy3600
    [link] [comments]

    How do i fully upgrade the engine?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:04 PM PST

    Discussion: what is your favorite song from the nfs heat soundtrack personally mine would either be El Diablo or Birdz but I want to hear your opinions

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:37 PM PST

    NFS Payback occasional red or white screen flashes

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 03:12 PM PST

    Hello!

    My screen occasionally flashes red or white when I play NFS Payback. I haven't noticed this with other games. It seem to have occur when I hit something hard.

    I run the game on the highest settings almost everywhere and the performance is good otherwise. I get between 80-100 FPS.

    I've noticed I pretty much had this happening since I downloaded the game about a month ago.

    My sistem is not overclocked apart from the RAM and every driver is up to date.

    MB: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT RAM: 32GB @ 3600MHz (DOCP overclocking) Storage: Samaung Evo 860

    At this point I'm not sure if this is a bug or a weird feature so I'm wondering if this happened to others.

    submitted by /u/NUTELLA_CRACKER
    [link] [comments]

    NSF Heat. How is my car the weakest?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 12:21 PM PST

    So I just got murdered on track circuit by a VW Beattle. I tried my best cars, nothing. What am i doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/nescu_alex
    [link] [comments]

    Is this where It Starts?....

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 06:20 PM PST

    Hi All, just found + joined this sub, Hope y'all having a good day. Aaaannnyyways... Long time NFS fan here, my favs being Underground 1 + 2, although I play NFS2015 and Payback nowadays. I'm not a big gamer, I just play some racing/car customizing games and Fallouts here n there. I've recently started getting back into Payback and was wondering if there's any newer/other NFS games that offer more parts and choices in the customization, I can't stand the restrictions. I miss the way of Underground 2... Any Side Skirts, could go with Any Fenders and weren't Restricted by the Bumpers. Also Underground 1 + 2 offered a FREE CUSTOMIZATION mode, anything you unlocked (aesthetics + performance) in your Career mode.. you could slap onto any ride you've unlocked. THEN! Race them!! My friends and I would love seeing each other's rides and comparing them.

    Can we start a petition or ask Ghost to bring this back or something? I'm sick of hoping on The games to spend a bunch of in-game cash to pimp out a few vehicles, maybe race once or twice and turn the game off.. like I said, not a big gamer..

    submitted by /u/CheshireGrinn13
    [link] [comments]

    Rays and Enkei rims

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 02:06 PM PST

    So I've been alot of nfs heat recently and I was thinking should Rays rims be in the game because that's imo a brand with some good looking rims same goes for Enkei because Enkei does have the stickers and for Rays I can only think that of the 5 or 6 spoke Work rims and the Nissan only Nismo rims

    submitted by /u/Stealth_Mike
    [link] [comments]

    NFSMW 2005 Controller Problems

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:22 PM PST

    So i need help. I tried playing need for speed most wanted 2005 version with a DS4 controller but it didnt work no matter what software i tried to use. So i gave up and got myself an xbox 360 controller and it gets recocnized and everything and i even downloaded the widescreen patch and stuff and i start the game and it says "Press Start" and i press start and it starts but from that point on the game just doesnt respond to my controller. It recocnizes the buttons i press in the control settings for controller and all but thats honestly as far as it goes. can anyone help me im really frustrated at this point

    Edit: sorry for grammar

    Edit 2: nvm I just added the game to steam and started it through big picture and now everything works

    submitted by /u/Mrbeastiality
    [link] [comments]

    Have they fixed the wheel width problem yet?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:27 AM PST

    I haven't been on the game in a while.. have they fixed the wheel width? I bought a Plymouth Barracuda and put new wheels on it, but they stayed the same width as stock... I don't want to widebody a classic car... Is there at least a glitch out there that helps with this?

    submitted by /u/sc9tty
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me get into the game

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 07:00 AM PST

    I am stuck at the main login screen as with many other Xbox users if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. Gt. HeadlessDrehx. Xbox

    submitted by /u/HeadlessDrexxis
    [link] [comments]

    About to save up money to engine swap my Polestar 1. Anyone who knows which one is best?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 10:28 AM PST

    Deluxe edition

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:16 AM PST

    I just bought the deluxe version of NFS heat on PS4 and I would like to start the game again . I would like to know if I start again is what I lose there deluxe version. I'm not deleting my prolfil, but my general progression.

    submitted by /u/Natwix974
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having trouble getting the “comeback kid” trophy to pop?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:02 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment