• Breaking News

    Friday, February 21, 2020

    Need for Speed Signing out, for one last time

    Need for Speed Signing out, for one last time


    Signing out, for one last time

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:00 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    Just wanted to drop you a quick note with some basic housekeeping.

    I still remember walking into Ghost a little over 5 years ago and since then I've gone on to have many memorable moments with the series. Whether it was the build up to NFS 2015, the E3 of that year, the reveal of Heat and many more.

    But, three games later and it's my time to move on. I've worked in Community now for over a decade so it's time to try my hand at something new. Which is why I'm moving out of Community all together, as I transition into a Producer role within DICE.

    You've been familiar with Max since he's joined the team and I couldn't be happier with how things have gone. He's picked up the Community mantle in excellent fashion and as time moves on, he'll remain the go-to person for all things NFS. You're in good hands with him. Expect some top tier memes from him in the future.

    I'll be playing NFS in the future as a fan and player, which is an exciting feeling.

    See you around, Ben

    submitted by /u/F8RGE
    [link] [comments]

    Sneakerheads wya?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:28 PM PST

    Day 22: pressing A will not start NFS! Tried everything. No one cares to fix it, EA knows of this issue and yet...nothing. I LOVE the NFS games and most EA games (burn me at the stake IDC) but this is really killing my vibe.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 06:30 PM PST

    Suggestion to add this as an exhaust option

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 11:07 PM PST

    I drew the old Civic Cruiser! I hope y’all like it

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:49 PM PST

    We do need this drivable and customisable in game!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Vulcan Stormtrooper.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 10:57 PM PST

    So I guess all the exclamation points on all the races don’t go away even if you’ve done all the events at the location?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:55 PM PST

    I'm kinda OCD about this but I really don't like having the exclamation points around the map on events I've already done, but it seems like there's nothing you can to do to get rid of them. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And again, Yes I've done all the events at the location.

    submitted by /u/anthonypacitti
    [link] [comments]

    What can Criterion be cooking up for their next NFS entry? And how soon can they make it ready? My last one was Rivals and I'm ready to rip into some new asphalt with a set of shiny (at first) car's!!!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 11:54 PM PST

    Man oh man I'm really feeling Old Now!!! It feels only yesterday when I read at E3 2010 NFS Hot Pursuit was being rebooted by Criterion game's the same guy's who made the crazy insane Burnout series. It was my first year in college and I realized I had failed what do I do? I go and buy NFS HP 2010 limited edition and then go home..... Yeah I have no idea how that happened either my friend were dumbstruck when they heard what I did and attempted the same thing except they failed in like a really bad way? Can I say that failed is failed right? Is there a oh I almost passed failed or a yeah I didn't even bother with it fail? Anyway the point being they got kicked on their asses but none the less a week later I started receiving notifications that lap record's set by me were now being broken by my mates, and boy was that not cool, I had to maintain my honor as a racer and hence began to rip the living shit out of my digital car's on the long and twisty routes of Sea Crest County and yeah I had the records back in my name! and then had it beat by my friends again then I beat them and this cycle literally went on for year's sure I had other nfs titles like most wanted and rivals in my library but more than anything I wanted the bragging rights to say I own you in the Reventon Reveal! Only till 2016 then I dived fulltime into sim racing with the F1 series, assetto corsa even got myself a racing wheel in 2017, and now got assetto corsa competizione, ironically I got into sim racing the same time nfs kinda died. 2013's Rivals was the last time a real nfs game came out with a soul that I enjoyed driving along with. The rest I tried on my friends pc and yeah they sucked!

    But a month ago I reinstalled NFS HP 2010 again and realized I and my mates spent so much of time fighting for records on the earlier race's that we completely ignored the hypercar series so yeah now I own those record's with more than 30 seconds in some case's. Called my friend bragged like hell got him to reinstall and tonight we race again!

    But the most important thing to happen is that I read Criterion is back!!! Now I remember when Criterion handed over the keys to Ghost Games they lost most of their staff and alot of key top guy's if they are back? Or what no idea! Is it now just a marketing thing no idea but I really hope NFS HP 2010 gets a true successor! Rivals was good but it was layered with some really annoying things like always online 30fps those ridiculous bug's!!! While HP 2010 was pure racing with simplicity at its finest with a simple thing that showed you who's the best on that particular race.

    I've always wanted a NFS HP 2010 remake with the shiny new engine crazy hot graphics and a bigger set of cars + Ferrari's on a larger map and some Cosmetic upgrades no performance improvements cause that's the charm of HP 2010 every car is stock and performance tier is matched so that no one has an advantage at all. A livery editor and yeah I'd pre order that game right now.

    Now I can't wait to get this game. I don't want it rushed and filled with bugs but I cannot wait cause it's been ages and I'm ready to go it's been a solid decade but I'm ready to retire NFS HP 2010 just give me its true success don't complicate don't try to mordenise keep it simple, keep it easy, keep it fun but most importantly make it soon!!!

    I dont think it'll be possible to make the game that soon. Sure EA has a history of pushing our NFS title's rapidly and seeing that it's the 10 year anniversary of The now universally agreed Legendary title NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 it'll be a shame to miss the opportunity but then again when it nfs reached its 25th anniversary all we got was a couple min long video!!! But my main doubt would be that with most of the ghost staff moving from their current hq in Sweden to England I doubt it might be that easy to hit the floor running. That being said NFS Heat (a game I've not tried yet) apparently has good handling and the frostbite engine is something that well other's have a problem with but nfs is now doing great with!!! So yeah can't comment much about how much they need to rework to bring the series back to its height since I've not acctuly played heat but I've heard with its physics and handling system worked on the ai and mission design seems to be a bit wonky.

    Oh how about a simple upgrade to the classic HP 2010 no not just improved textures like how Burnout was improved but on the new engine with more cars and a bigger map don't fill the existing map with more roads just extend it the current flow of the roads are perfect don't mess with that just make more of it!!!

    Do I make sense? Or do I sound like a guy who's stuck in a world long ago with rose tinted glasses?

    P. S. Not saying HP 2010 looks bad or anything maxed with 4k DSR to 1080p looks beautiful but I've played it for 10 years now. For reference I've played NFS rival's for about 870 hour's, HP 2010 doesn't really save those records for me as every fresh install picks up my cloud saves but not my actual driving data so yeah 56 hours isn't true but I'm guessing as it's my most played game these last 10 year's I'm guessing 2000 hours should be a pretty accurate number? I just wanna drive my car on some new roads and get some more records under my name. Right after I get the Damn Reventon Reveal back under mine.

    submitted by /u/reddemolisher
    [link] [comments]

    Cops on some other shit

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 11:00 PM PST

    Only in NFS Heat will cops start a pursuit on you just for fucking existing lmao

    Like how tf are you gonna call me a street racer when I'm chilling in a parking lot?

    submitted by /u/KingQdawg1995
    [link] [comments]

    having trouble on underground 1 (race crashes once i tap anything)

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 10:35 PM PST

    i did follow the installment steps successfully, nothing happened once i launched the speed.exe that came with the cd on it. so i decided to download a fix that is accorded to the version 1.4, that's where it launched but once i start a race or free run it will just crash once i tap anything.

    submitted by /u/rotaryxblade
    [link] [comments]

    Ghost Team sent a surprise gift package to BlackPanthaa for his support to them

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:57 AM PST

    Which games in the series are (loosely) connected?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 06:35 AM PST

    So, I heavily played Most Wanted and Carbon as a kid, I know you're the same guy in those games, that's why you start with the BMW. I also know that they reference NFS Underground in the beginning of Most Wanted. Does this go on before Underground and after Carbon? Or was it just these few games.

    submitted by /u/LSines2015
    [link] [comments]

    Ford GT drift events question.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 06:26 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I have been trying to mix and match parts trying to make the Ford GT able to do drift events but so far haven't been successful.

    Any suggestions on which parts are best for the car? or setup?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/shinobipaladin
    [link] [comments]

    Umm guys do the satellites usually shoot laser at the sky or am I high???

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 02:18 PM PST

    Pro Street PS3 question

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:41 PM PST

    this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone know how to get an H-shifter/clutch to work on Prostreet PS3 version? im using logitech

    submitted by /u/sushisection
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a sequential shifter in Need for Speed heat

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:00 PM PST

    I've recently added a mod to my Logitech shifter to make it a sequential shifter but I was wondering if I could use it on need for speed heat.

    If i can i will buy the game.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/llWesty
    [link] [comments]

    Need for speed heat

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:33 AM PST

    I got this game while it was on sale. I planned to play with a friend as he had it and in unfortunately plagued with the main menu bug. I've tried just about everything to get in. Is there going to be a fix for this soon? Or is there a way i can at least play?

    submitted by /u/Symboic
    [link] [comments]

    G920 Racing Wheel for Heat.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:14 PM PST

    Anyone using the g920 seriously for Heat? I got one for Dirt4 as well as others for the arcade racing experience but I'm wondering if anyone else using a racing wheel seriously for Heat or are you going back to a controller and what you think of it. For those who are, I'd love to see your preferred set-ups.

    submitted by /u/Vek_Ez
    [link] [comments]

    Bought NFS Heat, Logitech Driving Force Pro unsupported. Anyway to make it work?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 03:57 PM PST

    I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro, the force feedback works, but none of the wheel controls are mapped to the game. Is there anyway for me to get this to work? My google searches all result in articles about the game not having wheel support on launch.

    Edit: I think I see the issue, the game is seeing my wheel as a Xbox controller, but the driving force pro is a PS2 controller. Anyway to re-map keys?

    submitted by /u/dmeow
    [link] [comments]

    What music do you listen to while playing?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Pretty much everyone has confirmed that the music in Heat is pretty crap. So, what do you guys listen to?

    I've not long got the game, so I thought maybe playing Synthwave or Eurobeat might be fun.

    submitted by /u/StreamLikeDrug
    [link] [comments]

    NFS Heat Or Forza Hotizon 4

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 01:37 PM PST

    I am at th moment struggling to buy Heat or Forza Horizon 4

    Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of each game?

    and what i should buy

    submitted by /u/Kempi-
    [link] [comments]

    I just started this game, my rep is at level 12. What car or cars are best for me to use in my current situation? I heard the '77 pontiac firebird is great if I upgrade it.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 12:04 PM PST

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/sbufish
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment